Blood Poisoning Sends Etta James to Hospital
Etta James' son Sametto Jones told the press that the 73-year-old jazz legend has been hospitalized earlier this week. A urinary tract infection led to Sepsis which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria.
"It was a really bad infection. Right now she's doing a lot better," Sametto said. Etta will remain hospitalized "as long as it takes to clear her infections." Etta's health has been deteriorating since she was diagnosed with leukemia and dementia. She was hospitalized for similar problems back in 2010, which then caused a family legal dispute.
The singer's other son Donto James, and her husband, Artis Mills, were in court earlier this year for a dispute over the control of her assets for payment of her medical care. As stated in the court documents, none of the party disputes that Etta needs medical care. However, attorneys for Donto questioned the care by a live-in physician and disputed Artis' control for the payments. The problem was resolved in April.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor