Blood Poisoning Sends Etta James to Hospital
Etta James' son Sametto Jones told the press that the 73-year-old jazz legend has been hospitalized earlier this week. A urinary tract infection led to Sepsis which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria.
"It was a really bad infection. Right now she's doing a lot better," Sametto said. Etta will remain hospitalized "as long as it takes to clear her infections." Etta's health has been deteriorating since she was diagnosed with leukemia and dementia. She was hospitalized for similar problems back in 2010, which then caused a family legal dispute.
The singer's other son Donto James, and her husband, Artis Mills, were in court earlier this year for a dispute over the control of her assets for payment of her medical care. As stated in the court documents, none of the party disputes that Etta needs medical care. However, attorneys for Donto questioned the care by a live-in physician and disputed Artis' control for the payments. The problem was resolved in April.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie