Blood Poisoning Sends Etta James to Hospital
Etta James' son Sametto Jones told the press that the 73-year-old jazz legend has been hospitalized earlier this week. A urinary tract infection led to Sepsis which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria.
"It was a really bad infection. Right now she's doing a lot better," Sametto said. Etta will remain hospitalized "as long as it takes to clear her infections." Etta's health has been deteriorating since she was diagnosed with leukemia and dementia. She was hospitalized for similar problems back in 2010, which then caused a family legal dispute.
The singer's other son Donto James, and her husband, Artis Mills, were in court earlier this year for a dispute over the control of her assets for payment of her medical care. As stated in the court documents, none of the party disputes that Etta needs medical care. However, attorneys for Donto questioned the care by a live-in physician and disputed Artis' control for the payments. The problem was resolved in April.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal