Blood Poisoning Sends Etta James to Hospital
Etta James' son Sametto Jones told the press that the 73-year-old jazz legend has been hospitalized earlier this week. A urinary tract infection led to Sepsis which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria.
"It was a really bad infection. Right now she's doing a lot better," Sametto said. Etta will remain hospitalized "as long as it takes to clear her infections." Etta's health has been deteriorating since she was diagnosed with leukemia and dementia. She was hospitalized for similar problems back in 2010, which then caused a family legal dispute.
The singer's other son Donto James, and her husband, Artis Mills, were in court earlier this year for a dispute over the control of her assets for payment of her medical care. As stated in the court documents, none of the party disputes that Etta needs medical care. However, attorneys for Donto questioned the care by a live-in physician and disputed Artis' control for the payments. The problem was resolved in April.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie