Blood Poisoning Sends Etta James to Hospital
Etta James' son Sametto Jones told the press that the 73-year-old jazz legend has been hospitalized earlier this week. A urinary tract infection led to Sepsis which is a severe illness in which the bloodstream is overwhelmed by bacteria.
"It was a really bad infection. Right now she's doing a lot better," Sametto said. Etta will remain hospitalized "as long as it takes to clear her infections." Etta's health has been deteriorating since she was diagnosed with leukemia and dementia. She was hospitalized for similar problems back in 2010, which then caused a family legal dispute.
The singer's other son Donto James, and her husband, Artis Mills, were in court earlier this year for a dispute over the control of her assets for payment of her medical care. As stated in the court documents, none of the party disputes that Etta needs medical care. However, attorneys for Donto questioned the care by a live-in physician and disputed Artis' control for the payments. The problem was resolved in April.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch