Chris Hemsworth Seals Deal to Star in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
Having been a favorite to play the huntsman in "Snow White and the Huntsman", Chris Hemsworth has finally closed a deal with Universal Pictures to take the male lead role. Deadline is the first to report that the "Thor" hunk will indeed star in the fantasy movie opposite Kristen Stewart.
Hemsworth's character is ordered by Charlize Theron's evil queen to kill Snow White (portrayed by Stewart). Instead of fulfilling the quest, the man decides to train Snow White to fight and defend herself against the evil queen.
On previous news, Sam Claflin, who plays Philip Swift in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", was also rumored to make appearance in the movie. He was up to take the role of the prince in the re-imagining of the fairy tale.
Based on Grimm's fairy tale "Snow White", the film has Rupert Sanders serving behind the lens. In the meantime, Evan Daugherty provides the script and Joe Roth produces the film, which will make its way out Stateside on December 21, 2012.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video