Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Work on New Albums
After bringing the good news about the birth of their twins, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are gearing up to present their fans with more sweet treats. The pop diva and her comedian husband are both working on their new albums. In an interview with Billboard, Nick spills that Mariah has a full-length effort in store, while he is busy with a musical album.
Speaking of Mariah's effort, the host of "America's Got Talent" says, "She's planning on having a record out this year." He adds, "She's been working away, and we have a studio in the crib, and [the pregnancy] has totally inspired her on so many different levels. You're definitely gonna see some new phenomenal music from Mariah."
30-year-old Nick himself will have an accompanying album for his latest comedy special, "Mr. Showbiz", being out out in stores across the United States on Tuesday, May 17. He goes on to share that he also plans to follow it up with an album that blends hip-hop and comedy, "Mr. Showbiz Sings the Hits."
Of the planned effort, the rapper/TV personality says he has got some help from the likes of Snoop Dogg and Wyclef Jean among others. "I got a record with Flo Rida, Snoop, Ice Cube, Wyclef, Cee-Lo [Green]. We got some hilarious songs. It's kind of bringing the fun back to hip-hop."
Albums aside, Nick admits he hasn't thought about what he will do on his first Father's Day in June. "I hadn't really thought about that," he confesses. "I'm used to catering to my father and my grandfather on that day, so to be a father is going to be weird... I'll just sleep, [or] have breakfast in bed or something."
More Mariah Carey News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake