Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Work on New Albums
After bringing the good news about the birth of their twins, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are gearing up to present their fans with more sweet treats. The pop diva and her comedian husband are both working on their new albums. In an interview with Billboard, Nick spills that Mariah has a full-length effort in store, while he is busy with a musical album.
Speaking of Mariah's effort, the host of "America's Got Talent" says, "She's planning on having a record out this year." He adds, "She's been working away, and we have a studio in the crib, and [the pregnancy] has totally inspired her on so many different levels. You're definitely gonna see some new phenomenal music from Mariah."
30-year-old Nick himself will have an accompanying album for his latest comedy special, "Mr. Showbiz", being out out in stores across the United States on Tuesday, May 17. He goes on to share that he also plans to follow it up with an album that blends hip-hop and comedy, "Mr. Showbiz Sings the Hits."
Of the planned effort, the rapper/TV personality says he has got some help from the likes of Snoop Dogg and Wyclef Jean among others. "I got a record with Flo Rida, Snoop, Ice Cube, Wyclef, Cee-Lo [Green]. We got some hilarious songs. It's kind of bringing the fun back to hip-hop."
Albums aside, Nick admits he hasn't thought about what he will do on his first Father's Day in June. "I hadn't really thought about that," he confesses. "I'm used to catering to my father and my grandfather on that day, so to be a father is going to be weird... I'll just sleep, [or] have breakfast in bed or something."
More Mariah Carey News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?