Audio: 'Glee' Covers Barbra Streisand, Amy Winehouse for 'Funeral'
An upcoming episode of "Glee" will deal with loss and for that the New Directions get in touch with their sensitive sides in the songs. The audio for most of the cover songs have come out including Lea Michele's version of Barbra Streisand's "My Man" from "Funny Girl".
There's also Amber Riley's take on Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness", Chris Colfer's version of "Some People" from "Gypsy: A Musical Fable" as well as Naya Rivera's rendition of Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black". The group then sing together on "Pure Imagination" which is taken from the musical "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
The May 17 episode, called "Funeral", follows the New Directions' attempt to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. Meanwhile, an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley's own.
On a side note, Michele was once considered to slip in the role of Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" Broadway revival. According to NY Post, her 2010 Tony Awards performance of "Don't Rain on My Parade" had people talking but it soon "cooled" off although she is still in the running.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth