Audio: 'Glee' Covers Barbra Streisand, Amy Winehouse for 'Funeral'
An upcoming episode of "Glee" will deal with loss and for that the New Directions get in touch with their sensitive sides in the songs. The audio for most of the cover songs have come out including Lea Michele's version of Barbra Streisand's "My Man" from "Funny Girl".
There's also Amber Riley's take on Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness", Chris Colfer's version of "Some People" from "Gypsy: A Musical Fable" as well as Naya Rivera's rendition of Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black". The group then sing together on "Pure Imagination" which is taken from the musical "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
The May 17 episode, called "Funeral", follows the New Directions' attempt to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. Meanwhile, an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley's own.
On a side note, Michele was once considered to slip in the role of Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" Broadway revival. According to NY Post, her 2010 Tony Awards performance of "Don't Rain on My Parade" had people talking but it soon "cooled" off although she is still in the running.
More Glee News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal