Audio: 'Glee' Covers Barbra Streisand, Amy Winehouse for 'Funeral'
An upcoming episode of "Glee" will deal with loss and for that the New Directions get in touch with their sensitive sides in the songs. The audio for most of the cover songs have come out including Lea Michele's version of Barbra Streisand's "My Man" from "Funny Girl".
There's also Amber Riley's take on Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness", Chris Colfer's version of "Some People" from "Gypsy: A Musical Fable" as well as Naya Rivera's rendition of Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black". The group then sing together on "Pure Imagination" which is taken from the musical "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
The May 17 episode, called "Funeral", follows the New Directions' attempt to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. Meanwhile, an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley's own.
On a side note, Michele was once considered to slip in the role of Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" Broadway revival. According to NY Post, her 2010 Tony Awards performance of "Don't Rain on My Parade" had people talking but it soon "cooled" off although she is still in the running.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?