Audio: 'Glee' Covers Barbra Streisand, Amy Winehouse for 'Funeral'
An upcoming episode of "Glee" will deal with loss and for that the New Directions get in touch with their sensitive sides in the songs. The audio for most of the cover songs have come out including Lea Michele's version of Barbra Streisand's "My Man" from "Funny Girl".
There's also Amber Riley's take on Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness", Chris Colfer's version of "Some People" from "Gypsy: A Musical Fable" as well as Naya Rivera's rendition of Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black". The group then sing together on "Pure Imagination" which is taken from the musical "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
The May 17 episode, called "Funeral", follows the New Directions' attempt to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. Meanwhile, an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley's own.
On a side note, Michele was once considered to slip in the role of Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl" Broadway revival. According to NY Post, her 2010 Tony Awards performance of "Don't Rain on My Parade" had people talking but it soon "cooled" off although she is still in the running.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'