Kym Johnson Okay After Falling During 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal
Kym Johnson is "gonna be okay," Mark Ballas said of his fellow "Dancing with the Stars" dancer who took a nasty spill during rehearsal with partner Hines Ward on Friday, May 13. Mark gave an update to Kym's condition after he got some face time with the injured dancer.
Similarly, Kym's representative has assured that she is doing okay. "Kym injured herself during rehearsals today. She was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures, to assure she is okay," the rep said in a statement released following the incident.
Later in the afternoon, "DWTS" producers explained that Kym "was admitted to the hospital today immediately after falling and injuring her neck during practice." It was added that "after several tests, she was cleared by the medical staff, though she is bruised, sore and currently wearing a neck brace. Kym plans to continue with Hines Ward in the competition and resume rehearsals as soon as possible."
Earlier on Friday, Kym was taken out on a stretcher with a brace around her neck. E! Online reported that she wore an oxygen mask over her face, while Hines looked on with his head in his hands. In a video obtained by Entertainment Tonight, she was seen being brought to hospital in an ambulance.
Hines has since gone to hospital to check her condition. At that time, Hines told the site that he did not know what was going on, and was about to find out.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers