'Vampire Diaries' Creator Talks Finale and Season 3
"The Vampire Diaries" has just wrapped up the second season on Thursday, May 12 with a big bang, and showrunner Julie Plec is already prepared to answer questions as well as to talk about the new season. [Spoiler Alert] In an interview with TV Line, Plec explained among others why Vicky and Anna are back, how it impacts Jeremy, and whether the tender moment between Elena and Damon will lead to something.
First of all, Plec gave the reason of bringing back the dead through ghost form. "That is something we'd had in the works for a really, really long time - in fact, almost back to beginning of this season - and it was born out of two things: Kayla [Ewell] was so much a part of the Vampire Diaries family in the beginning and we missed her terribly, and Malese [Jow] made such an impact last year as Anna."
She also said that Bonnie's decision to bring Jeremy back to life against the law of nature will have consequences and his exes' return is "the beginning of what those might be." In other words, the character would develop next season because he now has experienced something supernatural.
Regarding Damon and Elena's teary goodbye, Plec said, "It felt very much that it was earned for Damon to finally get some kind of acceptance and compassion and reciprocation to the feelings he's made very clear. He needed it, and Elena needed to give it to him. She obviously cares about him in a lot of ways, and that's going to be a big struggle for her next year - for all three of them, actually."
The full interview, including whether Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gilles could be series regulars next year can be found on TV Line.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie