Nick Cannon Treats Mariah Carey to $12K Necklace
Nick Cannon has been splurging on a special Mother's Day gift for Mariah Carey. The "America's Got Talent" host spent around $12,000 to present his pop singer wife with a 4-carat diamond and sapphire necklace, which spells out the names of their newborn twins, Moroccan and Monroe, from up-scale jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills.
About the sparkling piece that also incorporates 14-karat white and rose gold, jeweler Jason Arasheben explained to People Magazine, "Nick was really excited about the babies' names and wanted to do a piece with them for Mariah's first Mother's Day." He added, "Pink sapphires are bright and bold and diamonds are always so classic."
Another source informed the publication, "Nick came in and met with Jason on the Friday after his twins were born." The source continued as recalling, "He was bleary eyed, looking so tired but so happy - all smiles, saying he wanted to design something special for Mariah's first Mother's day. He couldn't want to surprise her on Sunday."
Nick and Mariah welcomed their first children together on April 30, three years after they got married in the Bahamas. The couple revealed the names of their babies a few days after the birth. The baby boy was named Moroccan, getting the inspiration from Mariah's New York City apartment where he proposed, while the baby girl's name, Monroe, is inspired by Marilyn Monroe.
More Nick Cannon News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic