Kate Winslet Gets Sophisticated in Behind-the-Scenes Photos for St. John
Kate Winslet has been tapped as the new face of St. John, and she has shot her first photos for the fashion brand's Fall 2011 advertising campaign. Before the ads debut in magazines nationwide in September, sneak peeks at how she models for the iconic brand have been unleashed, giving a look at behind-the-scenes of her photoshoot.
Two of the pictures came out via People Magazine. One captures the "Mildred Pierce" star in an all-black outfit as she dons a sultry black dress with a pair of black, leather gloves. Completing the look is an ornate necklace adorning her neck. Another one has her draped in nude colors while posing on a wooden floor with a script laying nearby.
Kate shot her first campaign photos for the brand with photographer Craig McDean in a historic New Jersey movie theater, Loew's Theater, a few days before she attended the Met gala on May 2. Speaking of the shoot, she told WWD, "They want to keep it looking like me and not have it look like me pretending to be a model wearing these clothes."
"I'm obviously not a model. I'm not the size of a model. I don't have the face of a model or the shape of a model," added the 35-year-old. Upon learning that the average St. John woman is described as "mature," she commented, "To me, it's fresher than that. It seems fresher than that because of the fabrics. They're extremely delicate, extremely wearable and very flattering."
Of the Oscar-winning actress, St. John Creative Director George Sharp said, "Kate is an ideal choice for our new campaign." He elaborated, "She is an accomplished, beautiful woman with an extraordinary body of work, and one of the most admired actors of her generation. She embodies the modern sensibility of St. John, she is contemporary and authentically captures the style of the St. John woman."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris