Lady GaGa's Penis-Shaped Heels Censored on 'American Idol'
Lady GaGa has taken her unusual fashion choice to "American Idol". Billed as a guest mentor this week, the 25-year-old singer opted to wear shoes which have clear plastic penis heels when hitting the set to give advice to the contestants.
According to TMZ, the show's producers had to put an "Idol" logo "over her sexually explicit stilettos because they each had a Lucite penis for a heel." In a footage from the May 11's episode which features GaGa mentoring Haley Reinhart, the logo is seen just below one of her heels while the other heel is left uncensored.
The racy footwear is a product by London fashion brand Void of Course and is sold for $4,500 for each pair.
Beside giving advice to the "Idol" four finalists, Lady GaGa also performed "You and I" on the result show on Thursday, May 12. She appeared through a footage taken from one of her Monster Ball concerts.
That night, James Durbin was eliminated from the singing competition. The remaining contestants, Haley Reinhart, Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery, will compete for the top 2 spots next week.
More American Idol News
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago