Lady GaGa's Penis-Shaped Heels Censored on 'American Idol'
Lady GaGa has taken her unusual fashion choice to "American Idol". Billed as a guest mentor this week, the 25-year-old singer opted to wear shoes which have clear plastic penis heels when hitting the set to give advice to the contestants.
According to TMZ, the show's producers had to put an "Idol" logo "over her sexually explicit stilettos because they each had a Lucite penis for a heel." In a footage from the May 11's episode which features GaGa mentoring Haley Reinhart, the logo is seen just below one of her heels while the other heel is left uncensored.
The racy footwear is a product by London fashion brand Void of Course and is sold for $4,500 for each pair.
Beside giving advice to the "Idol" four finalists, Lady GaGa also performed "You and I" on the result show on Thursday, May 12. She appeared through a footage taken from one of her Monster Ball concerts.
That night, James Durbin was eliminated from the singing competition. The remaining contestants, Haley Reinhart, Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery, will compete for the top 2 spots next week.
More American Idol News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs