Alex Pettyfer to Be Stripper in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Alex Pettyfer has secured a role in "Magic Mike". Deadline reports that the 21-year-old actor will star as young Channing Tatum in the drama film, while Tatum himself portrays his elder mentor.
The upcoming film is based on Tatum's real life when he was a 19-year-old stripper. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The movie will tell a story set in a wild summer with a lot of dancing, partying, and women.
Reid Carolin serves as the screenwriter for the movie, with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum teaming up to produce the film. Serving as director is Steven Soderbergh, who has gushed that the movie is "sexy, funny and shocking". The pic itself is expected to hit theaters in 2012.
Pettyfer appeared in school plays before having shot to fame through his role in "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker". He has starred in "I Am Number Four" opposite Dianna Agron, and "Beastly" opposite Vanessa Hudgens. He will next be seen in "Now", which will open in U.S. theaters on October 28.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri