Alex Pettyfer to Be Stripper in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Alex Pettyfer has secured a role in "Magic Mike". Deadline reports that the 21-year-old actor will star as young Channing Tatum in the drama film, while Tatum himself portrays his elder mentor.
The upcoming film is based on Tatum's real life when he was a 19-year-old stripper. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The movie will tell a story set in a wild summer with a lot of dancing, partying, and women.
Reid Carolin serves as the screenwriter for the movie, with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum teaming up to produce the film. Serving as director is Steven Soderbergh, who has gushed that the movie is "sexy, funny and shocking". The pic itself is expected to hit theaters in 2012.
Pettyfer appeared in school plays before having shot to fame through his role in "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker". He has starred in "I Am Number Four" opposite Dianna Agron, and "Beastly" opposite Vanessa Hudgens. He will next be seen in "Now", which will open in U.S. theaters on October 28.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video