Alex Pettyfer to Be Stripper in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Alex Pettyfer has secured a role in "Magic Mike". Deadline reports that the 21-year-old actor will star as young Channing Tatum in the drama film, while Tatum himself portrays his elder mentor.
The upcoming film is based on Tatum's real life when he was a 19-year-old stripper. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The movie will tell a story set in a wild summer with a lot of dancing, partying, and women.
Reid Carolin serves as the screenwriter for the movie, with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum teaming up to produce the film. Serving as director is Steven Soderbergh, who has gushed that the movie is "sexy, funny and shocking". The pic itself is expected to hit theaters in 2012.
Pettyfer appeared in school plays before having shot to fame through his role in "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker". He has starred in "I Am Number Four" opposite Dianna Agron, and "Beastly" opposite Vanessa Hudgens. He will next be seen in "Now", which will open in U.S. theaters on October 28.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service