Alex Pettyfer to Be Stripper in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Alex Pettyfer has secured a role in "Magic Mike". Deadline reports that the 21-year-old actor will star as young Channing Tatum in the drama film, while Tatum himself portrays his elder mentor.
The upcoming film is based on Tatum's real life when he was a 19-year-old stripper. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The movie will tell a story set in a wild summer with a lot of dancing, partying, and women.
Reid Carolin serves as the screenwriter for the movie, with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum teaming up to produce the film. Serving as director is Steven Soderbergh, who has gushed that the movie is "sexy, funny and shocking". The pic itself is expected to hit theaters in 2012.
Pettyfer appeared in school plays before having shot to fame through his role in "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker". He has starred in "I Am Number Four" opposite Dianna Agron, and "Beastly" opposite Vanessa Hudgens. He will next be seen in "Now", which will open in U.S. theaters on October 28.
More Magic Mike News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville