Alex Pettyfer to Be Stripper in Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
Alex Pettyfer has secured a role in "Magic Mike". Deadline reports that the 21-year-old actor will star as young Channing Tatum in the drama film, while Tatum himself portrays his elder mentor.
The upcoming film is based on Tatum's real life when he was a 19-year-old stripper. Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer (Pettyfer) in how to hustle on and off the stage. The movie will tell a story set in a wild summer with a lot of dancing, partying, and women.
Reid Carolin serves as the screenwriter for the movie, with Nick Wechsler, Gregory Jacobs and Tatum teaming up to produce the film. Serving as director is Steven Soderbergh, who has gushed that the movie is "sexy, funny and shocking". The pic itself is expected to hit theaters in 2012.
Pettyfer appeared in school plays before having shot to fame through his role in "Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker". He has starred in "I Am Number Four" opposite Dianna Agron, and "Beastly" opposite Vanessa Hudgens. He will next be seen in "Now", which will open in U.S. theaters on October 28.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner