Beyonce Delays 'Run the World' Video Premiere as Single Continues to Fall on Chart
Although "Run the World (Girls)" music video has already been screened at a Wednesday, May 11 listening party, Beyonce Knowles is not ready to release it for public viewing pleasure. She and her team decided to bring the post apocalypse-themed clip to the editing room again to put some more finishing touches.
The Francis Lawrence-directed music video was originally set to make its way out Friday, May 13. However, VEVO later announced the delay, "OK, bad news: 'Run The World (Girls)' won't be out on Friday like we thought. No new date yet. Beyonce is perfecting it. We're disappointed too but wanted to let you know as soon as we knew. We'll out it up as soon as we do get it!"
This delay comes hot on heels of "Run the World (Girls)" disappointing chart performance. After debuting at No. 33 on Billboard Hot 100 earlier last month, the single continues to flop on the U.S. single chart. It's currently sitting at No. 65 on weekly rundown and occupies No. 163 on iTunes chart.
Talking to Billboard recently, Beyonce admitted the risk of picking the song as her first offering. "It's definitely riskier than something a bit more...simple. I just heard the track and loved that it was so different: it felt a bit African, a bit electronic and futuristic," she said.
"It reminded me of what I love, which is mixing different cultures and eras -- things that typically don't go together -- to create a new sound. I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That's how I've gotten to where I am."
Sampling Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor", "Run the World" is the first single from Beyonce's new album "4" which is named after her favorite number. While waiting for the video premiere, fans can get a sneak peek through a teaser.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers