Matthew Perry Going Back to Rehab to Focus on Sobriety
Matthew Perry makes sure that his sobriety stays on top of his priority list. The Chandler Bing of "Friends" has struggled with prescription pills and alcohol in the past, and on Thursday, May 12, he announced that he is going to take a break from the show business and returns a treatment facility to continue his recovery.
In a statement he released via his representative, the actor who stars opposite Zac Efron in "17 Again" said, "I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery." Keeping his sense of humor intact, he added, "Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web."
The 41-year-old actor has made a trip to rehab twice before. One was when he was shooting "Friends" in 1997, while the other one was in 2001. Despite the actor's history with prescription-pill addiction and alcohol abuse, a source told People magazine, "There was no relapse," and added that he is expected to enter a facility shortly.
Matthew most recently stars as Ben Donovan on ABC sitcom "Mr. Sunshine".
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'