Matthew Perry Going Back to Rehab to Focus on Sobriety
Matthew Perry makes sure that his sobriety stays on top of his priority list. The Chandler Bing of "Friends" has struggled with prescription pills and alcohol in the past, and on Thursday, May 12, he announced that he is going to take a break from the show business and returns a treatment facility to continue his recovery.
In a statement he released via his representative, the actor who stars opposite Zac Efron in "17 Again" said, "I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery." Keeping his sense of humor intact, he added, "Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web."
The 41-year-old actor has made a trip to rehab twice before. One was when he was shooting "Friends" in 1997, while the other one was in 2001. Despite the actor's history with prescription-pill addiction and alcohol abuse, a source told People magazine, "There was no relapse," and added that he is expected to enter a facility shortly.
Matthew most recently stars as Ben Donovan on ABC sitcom "Mr. Sunshine".
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon