Matthew Perry Going Back to Rehab to Focus on Sobriety
Matthew Perry makes sure that his sobriety stays on top of his priority list. The Chandler Bing of "Friends" has struggled with prescription pills and alcohol in the past, and on Thursday, May 12, he announced that he is going to take a break from the show business and returns a treatment facility to continue his recovery.
In a statement he released via his representative, the actor who stars opposite Zac Efron in "17 Again" said, "I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery." Keeping his sense of humor intact, he added, "Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web."
The 41-year-old actor has made a trip to rehab twice before. One was when he was shooting "Friends" in 1997, while the other one was in 2001. Despite the actor's history with prescription-pill addiction and alcohol abuse, a source told People magazine, "There was no relapse," and added that he is expected to enter a facility shortly.
Matthew most recently stars as Ben Donovan on ABC sitcom "Mr. Sunshine".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season