Matthew Perry Going Back to Rehab to Focus on Sobriety
Matthew Perry makes sure that his sobriety stays on top of his priority list. The Chandler Bing of "Friends" has struggled with prescription pills and alcohol in the past, and on Thursday, May 12, he announced that he is going to take a break from the show business and returns a treatment facility to continue his recovery.
In a statement he released via his representative, the actor who stars opposite Zac Efron in "17 Again" said, "I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery." Keeping his sense of humor intact, he added, "Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web."
The 41-year-old actor has made a trip to rehab twice before. One was when he was shooting "Friends" in 1997, while the other one was in 2001. Despite the actor's history with prescription-pill addiction and alcohol abuse, a source told People magazine, "There was no relapse," and added that he is expected to enter a facility shortly.
Matthew most recently stars as Ben Donovan on ABC sitcom "Mr. Sunshine".
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years