Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz Team Up for 2011 MTV Movie Awards
The first confirmed performers for 2011 MTV Movie Awards have been revealed. Lupe Fiasco is set to make a collaboration with Trey Songz on their duet "Out of My Head" for the first time together on television. He's also going to sing "The Show Goes On" which can be found on his No. 1 album "Lasers".
"I'm excited to be performing on this year's MTV Movie Awards," said the Chicago rapper in a statement. "I'm looking forward to putting together another special performance for my fans." He added on Twitter, "BIG NEWS!!! I'm going to be performing at this year's @MTV #MovieAwards! My homey @TreySongz will be joining me too! June 5th 9pm."
Trey put in some good words as well, saying" 'Out of My Head' is such a dope song and easily one of my favorite collaborations to date. When Lupe first played the track for me I knew it was going to be a smash, and I'm happy it's been received so well. The MTV Movie Awards are such a special event, and Lupe is a great performer, so I am excited to be able to do the show with him."
The 2011 MTV Movie Awards would be held June 5 and broadcast live by MTV at 9 P.M. from Gibson Amphitheater in California. Jason Sudeikis is on duty to be this year's host while Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Steve Carell, Shia LaBeouf and more are tapped as presenters.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie