Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz Team Up for 2011 MTV Movie Awards
The first confirmed performers for 2011 MTV Movie Awards have been revealed. Lupe Fiasco is set to make a collaboration with Trey Songz on their duet "Out of My Head" for the first time together on television. He's also going to sing "The Show Goes On" which can be found on his No. 1 album "Lasers".
"I'm excited to be performing on this year's MTV Movie Awards," said the Chicago rapper in a statement. "I'm looking forward to putting together another special performance for my fans." He added on Twitter, "BIG NEWS!!! I'm going to be performing at this year's @MTV #MovieAwards! My homey @TreySongz will be joining me too! June 5th 9pm."
Trey put in some good words as well, saying" 'Out of My Head' is such a dope song and easily one of my favorite collaborations to date. When Lupe first played the track for me I knew it was going to be a smash, and I'm happy it's been received so well. The MTV Movie Awards are such a special event, and Lupe is a great performer, so I am excited to be able to do the show with him."
The 2011 MTV Movie Awards would be held June 5 and broadcast live by MTV at 9 P.M. from Gibson Amphitheater in California. Jason Sudeikis is on duty to be this year's host while Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Steve Carell, Shia LaBeouf and more are tapped as presenters.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed