Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz Team Up for 2011 MTV Movie Awards
The first confirmed performers for 2011 MTV Movie Awards have been revealed. Lupe Fiasco is set to make a collaboration with Trey Songz on their duet "Out of My Head" for the first time together on television. He's also going to sing "The Show Goes On" which can be found on his No. 1 album "Lasers".
"I'm excited to be performing on this year's MTV Movie Awards," said the Chicago rapper in a statement. "I'm looking forward to putting together another special performance for my fans." He added on Twitter, "BIG NEWS!!! I'm going to be performing at this year's @MTV #MovieAwards! My homey @TreySongz will be joining me too! June 5th 9pm."
Trey put in some good words as well, saying" 'Out of My Head' is such a dope song and easily one of my favorite collaborations to date. When Lupe first played the track for me I knew it was going to be a smash, and I'm happy it's been received so well. The MTV Movie Awards are such a special event, and Lupe is a great performer, so I am excited to be able to do the show with him."
The 2011 MTV Movie Awards would be held June 5 and broadcast live by MTV at 9 P.M. from Gibson Amphitheater in California. Jason Sudeikis is on duty to be this year's host while Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Steve Carell, Shia LaBeouf and more are tapped as presenters.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics