Gwyneth Paltrow Growing Salvia in Her Garden
Gwyneth Paltrow is growing salvia in her garden. The actress, who takes on the guest-starring role of Holly Holliday on "Glee", made the revelation on her healthy-living website GOOP on Wednesday, May 11 as she offers a sneak peek at her rooftop garden at her penthouse apartment in New York City.
Picking up the topic of gardening for her latest blog post, the 38-year-old posted two pictures of her garden that boast the herbs and vegetables she planted. One photo, in particular, displays the patch in which she grows sage, kale, mint and salvia. Along with the pictures, she also listed a few of the herbs and vegetables she would love to plant each year which include oregano, thyme and basil.
There are a number of salvia species. The one known as salvia divinorum is cultivated for psychedelic drug effects, and is the variety teen star Miley Cyrus was caught smoking out of a bong. Meanwhile, salvia officinalis is just plain old common sage. The salvia Gwyneth grows in the garden is likely to be the latter considering what she wrote on the blog, "We've got 4 varieties going this year!"
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift