Horror Film 'Amityville: The Legacy 3D' in Development
A spin-off to 1979's film "The Amityville Horror" is in development. Hannibal Classics has announced that they are currently developing "Amityville: The Legacy 3D", a big screen version of John G. Jones' novel "Amityville: The Evil Escapes".
The horror movie will be produced by Richard Rionda Del Castro and Paul Mason, who co-produced 2005's "The Amityville Horror", a remake to the original film of the same title. Steve B. Harris will join Del Castro and Mason as producer, in addition to serving as the scribe along with Andrew Helm. The production is expected to start this fall to meet the 2012 release schedule.
The plot detail, issued in a press release via Hannibal Classics' official site, says that the story opens with six priests coming into an abandoned house. Unfortunately, Father Kibbler, the youngest priest, is attacked by an unseen demon after he followed a sound into the attic. Leader priest Father Manfred comes to help him and combat the demon, making the attic erupt.
Thirty years later, a family comes to the house to take care of their nephew and niece. However, the peaceful moment ends when their family's cat is found slaughtered in the attic, and an evil presence haunts the house.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed