Horror Film 'Amityville: The Legacy 3D' in Development
A spin-off to 1979's film "The Amityville Horror" is in development. Hannibal Classics has announced that they are currently developing "Amityville: The Legacy 3D", a big screen version of John G. Jones' novel "Amityville: The Evil Escapes".
The horror movie will be produced by Richard Rionda Del Castro and Paul Mason, who co-produced 2005's "The Amityville Horror", a remake to the original film of the same title. Steve B. Harris will join Del Castro and Mason as producer, in addition to serving as the scribe along with Andrew Helm. The production is expected to start this fall to meet the 2012 release schedule.
The plot detail, issued in a press release via Hannibal Classics' official site, says that the story opens with six priests coming into an abandoned house. Unfortunately, Father Kibbler, the youngest priest, is attacked by an unseen demon after he followed a sound into the attic. Leader priest Father Manfred comes to help him and combat the demon, making the attic erupt.
Thirty years later, a family comes to the house to take care of their nephew and niece. However, the peaceful moment ends when their family's cat is found slaughtered in the attic, and an evil presence haunts the house.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music