Adele Remains Unmoved From No. 1 on Hot 200, Blocking Beastie Boys
Billboard Hot 200 is flooded with new entries this week, but Adele stays strong at No. 1 with her second studio album "21". The British singer/songwriter holds off Beastie Boys from taking the hot spot, thanks to another 155,000 in sales (up 26%).
Adam Yauch and his bandmates land at the runner-up place with their "Hot Sauce Committee Part.2" which bows around 128,000 units in its opening week. Trailing closely behind them at No. 3 is the "NOW That's What I Call Music Vol. 38" compilation which has sold 14,000 copies in its first week.
Fleet Foxes occupies No. 4, and Jennifer Lopez rounds up the top 5. The rest of the chart are filled with Stevie Nicks, Sade, Musiq Soulchild, and Nikki Sixx's side project Sixx:A.M.. The only holdover of this week, beside Adele, is Mumford & Sons who are forced to fall from No. 3 to No. 9.
Elsewhere on the U.S. single chart, Adele also tops the list, giving her a double chart victory this week. Her single "Rolling in the Deep" concurrently reaches the summit on Digital Songs despite a 2% decline to 294,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Hot Sauce Committee Part.2" - Beastie Boys (128,000)
- "NOW That's What I Call Music Vol. 38" - various artists (124,000)
- "Helplessness Blues" - Fleet Foxes (91,000)
- "Love?" - Jennifer Lopez (83,000)
- "In Your Dreams" - Stevie Nicks (52,000)
- "Ultimate Collection" - Sade (38,000)
- "MusiqInTheMagiq" - Musiq Soulchild (35,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "This Is Gonna Hurt" - Sixx:A.M. (30,000)
More Adele News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'