Video: Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks About Marriage Split
Arnold Schwarzenegger is finally talking about his publicized split from wife of 25 years, Maria Shiver. While receiving an award at an Israeli Independence Day event in Los Angeles, he slipped in a word about his marriage turmoil during his acceptance speech.
"I just talked to Maria an hour ago before I came here and we both were saying the same thing, we are amazed and extremely blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people," he told the crowd, adding "We both love each other very much, we are very fortunate we have four extraordinary children and we're taking it one day at a time."
The couple announced their separation in a joint statement released on Monday night, May 9. Words are, Maria couldn't stand the fact that Arnold has been ignoring her and her needs. However, a source told TMZ that Arnold is trying to fix the situation, saying "Arnold has done a 180. He's been really sweet to her since all this went down."
Another report said that Maria had been contemplating a separation for two years now because she's been miserable for much longer. However, her mother's death plus the emotional grip that Arnold has over her have prevented her from taking an action. "One day she's determined to get the hell out, and the next day she just can't do it," a source said.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'