Video: Arnold Schwarzenegger Talks About Marriage Split
Arnold Schwarzenegger is finally talking about his publicized split from wife of 25 years, Maria Shiver. While receiving an award at an Israeli Independence Day event in Los Angeles, he slipped in a word about his marriage turmoil during his acceptance speech.
"I just talked to Maria an hour ago before I came here and we both were saying the same thing, we are amazed and extremely blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people," he told the crowd, adding "We both love each other very much, we are very fortunate we have four extraordinary children and we're taking it one day at a time."
The couple announced their separation in a joint statement released on Monday night, May 9. Words are, Maria couldn't stand the fact that Arnold has been ignoring her and her needs. However, a source told TMZ that Arnold is trying to fix the situation, saying "Arnold has done a 180. He's been really sweet to her since all this went down."
Another report said that Maria had been contemplating a separation for two years now because she's been miserable for much longer. However, her mother's death plus the emotional grip that Arnold has over her have prevented her from taking an action. "One day she's determined to get the hell out, and the next day she just can't do it," a source said.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group