Studio Confirms Alec Baldwin Asks to Be Replaced in 'Rock of Ages'
With a lot of big stars already on board, "Rock of Ages" seemed to be heading towards a smooth sail. However, a report has just emerged that Alec Baldwin may not be able to continue his commitment in the musical movie after all due to a newly discovered medical condition.
The news actually had been debunked by New Line's head Toby Emmerich on Tuesday, March 10 but later that day Emmerich informed Deadline that the actor is asking the studio to replace him "if at all possible". This is a problem for New Line because Baldwin's role as Sunset Boulevard Whisky-A-Go-Go-like Bourbon Room owner, Dennis Dupree, is meaty. Emmerich is now "pondering what to do."
The casting department had previously tried to attach the Dennis role to Steve Carell and Will Ferrell but both declined. The confirmed cast, including Bryan Cranston, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mary J. Blige and Paul Giamatti, are expected to sit together for a table read on May 23 in Miami.
Emmerich noted that he is curious whether Baldwin would also pull out of Woody Allen's new film which is scheduled to shoot in Rome after Baldwin completes "Rock of Ages".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard