Studio Confirms Alec Baldwin Asks to Be Replaced in 'Rock of Ages'
With a lot of big stars already on board, "Rock of Ages" seemed to be heading towards a smooth sail. However, a report has just emerged that Alec Baldwin may not be able to continue his commitment in the musical movie after all due to a newly discovered medical condition.
The news actually had been debunked by New Line's head Toby Emmerich on Tuesday, March 10 but later that day Emmerich informed Deadline that the actor is asking the studio to replace him "if at all possible". This is a problem for New Line because Baldwin's role as Sunset Boulevard Whisky-A-Go-Go-like Bourbon Room owner, Dennis Dupree, is meaty. Emmerich is now "pondering what to do."
The casting department had previously tried to attach the Dennis role to Steve Carell and Will Ferrell but both declined. The confirmed cast, including Bryan Cranston, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mary J. Blige and Paul Giamatti, are expected to sit together for a table read on May 23 in Miami.
Emmerich noted that he is curious whether Baldwin would also pull out of Woody Allen's new film which is scheduled to shoot in Rome after Baldwin completes "Rock of Ages".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance