Studio Confirms Alec Baldwin Asks to Be Replaced in 'Rock of Ages'
With a lot of big stars already on board, "Rock of Ages" seemed to be heading towards a smooth sail. However, a report has just emerged that Alec Baldwin may not be able to continue his commitment in the musical movie after all due to a newly discovered medical condition.
The news actually had been debunked by New Line's head Toby Emmerich on Tuesday, March 10 but later that day Emmerich informed Deadline that the actor is asking the studio to replace him "if at all possible". This is a problem for New Line because Baldwin's role as Sunset Boulevard Whisky-A-Go-Go-like Bourbon Room owner, Dennis Dupree, is meaty. Emmerich is now "pondering what to do."
The casting department had previously tried to attach the Dennis role to Steve Carell and Will Ferrell but both declined. The confirmed cast, including Bryan Cranston, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mary J. Blige and Paul Giamatti, are expected to sit together for a table read on May 23 in Miami.
Emmerich noted that he is curious whether Baldwin would also pull out of Woody Allen's new film which is scheduled to shoot in Rome after Baldwin completes "Rock of Ages".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen