38th Daytime Emmys Nominees Announced, 'General Hospital' Leads
The nominees of 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards are freshly announced. "General Hospital" leads the overall nominations with 21 nods, followed by "The Young and the Restless" with 20 and "Sesame Street" with 16.
"GH" earns its nominations in the acting categories including for Laura Wright, Maurice Benard and Nancy Lee Grahn. Its domination however, cannot send ABC to number one in terms of network with the most nominations. The Alphabet is second to PBS which is backed up by "The Electric Company" and the animated "Curious George " apart from "Sesame".
The ceremony to hand out the prize will be held on Sunday, June 19 at 9 P.M. ET at the Las Vegas Hilton and broadcast live by CBS. The home network is taking 42 nods, right behind syndicated networks.
"Let's Make a Deal" host Wayne Brady has been tapped as host. Meanwhile, this year's recipients of Lifetime Achievement Awards are Pat Sajak of "Wheel of Fortune" and Alex Trebek of "Jeopardy!". "In honoring Pat and Alex, we're honoring not only two of the great game shows throughout the history of television," said Darryl Cohen, Chairman, The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), "but two individuals whose talent and personality have given us an additional reason to tune in and watch."
As usual, the Daytime Awards will be followed by The Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards gala, which honors the craft behind the many shows that grace the Daytime genre. It returns to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles on Friday, June 17.
Full nominees of the 38th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards can be found here.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs