38th Daytime Emmys Nominees Announced, 'General Hospital' Leads
The nominees of 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards are freshly announced. "General Hospital" leads the overall nominations with 21 nods, followed by "The Young and the Restless" with 20 and "Sesame Street" with 16.
"GH" earns its nominations in the acting categories including for Laura Wright, Maurice Benard and Nancy Lee Grahn. Its domination however, cannot send ABC to number one in terms of network with the most nominations. The Alphabet is second to PBS which is backed up by "The Electric Company" and the animated "Curious George " apart from "Sesame".
The ceremony to hand out the prize will be held on Sunday, June 19 at 9 P.M. ET at the Las Vegas Hilton and broadcast live by CBS. The home network is taking 42 nods, right behind syndicated networks.
"Let's Make a Deal" host Wayne Brady has been tapped as host. Meanwhile, this year's recipients of Lifetime Achievement Awards are Pat Sajak of "Wheel of Fortune" and Alex Trebek of "Jeopardy!". "In honoring Pat and Alex, we're honoring not only two of the great game shows throughout the history of television," said Darryl Cohen, Chairman, The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), "but two individuals whose talent and personality have given us an additional reason to tune in and watch."
As usual, the Daytime Awards will be followed by The Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards gala, which honors the craft behind the many shows that grace the Daytime genre. It returns to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles on Friday, June 17.
Full nominees of the 38th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards can be found here.
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash