'Glee' New Original Song 'Light Up My World' Released
"Glee" kids are going to the Nationals on the season finale, and they have included "Light Up My World" on their setlist for the big event. A new original song written specifically for the TV series, the upbeat track makes it debut on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on Tuesday, May 10.
Beside having Lea Michele and the other cast singing the original song, the season finale which will air May 24 will also feature Matthew Morrison singing "Still Got Tonight" which is taken from his own self-titled album "Matthew Morrison". Confirming the news was the show's creator Ryan Murphy.
"It worked because we wanted to do a scene where Matt goes into a Broadway hall and sings something alone," he said. "Plus, Matt is such a great team player and he's done so much for different Glee charities...We worked really hard to make it feel organic to the show."
Before getting those treats in the New York-themed episode, the Gleeks will face the "Funeral" first. Airing a week before the finale, it will see New Directions continuing to strategize their set list for Nationals with a little help from Jessie St. James. A sneak peek of Jessie as a show choir consultant has been offered ahead of the episode.
More Glee News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?