It's Official: Stanley Tucci Will Host 'The Hunger Games'
Stanley Tucci has sealed a deal to star in "The Hunger Games". Lionsgate officially announces that Stanley will take the role of Caesar Flickerman, the iconic host in the big screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' novel.
"Caesar Flickerman is utterly familiar to all the citizens of Panem as the iconic host of the Hunger Games," the studio describes the role in a press release issued via Twitter. "Known for his outrageous appearance and buoyant personality, his upbeat interviews of the 24 tributes - a boy and a girl from each of the country's 12 districts - are presented on every television in the nation. He is famous for turning any conversation around to the positive and finding humor in even the most dire circumstances."
"The Hunger Games" focuses its story on 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Katniss steps up to go in her place.
So far the casting department has signed Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss, and Hutcherson is starring as Peeta Mellark. The film will make its way out in theaters Stateside on March 23, 2012.
Stanley's appearances in notable movies include Nigel in "The Devil Wears Prada", and George Harvey in "The Lovely Bones". Through his role in "The Lovely Bones", Stanley was nominated for several eminent awards, including 2010 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He will next be seen in "Captain America: The First Avenger", playing Dr. Abraham Erskine.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'