Whitney Houston Checks Into Rehab, Bobby Brown Terrified of Her Drug Abuse
Grammy winner Whitney Houston is back in rehab once again. The "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker, who has struggled with drugs and alcohol for years, has voluntarily sought treatment in an out-patient treatment program, her representative confirmed.
In a statement, the 47-year-old singer's representative announced, "Whitney Houston is currently in an out-patient rehab program for drug and alcohol treatment." The rep added, "Whitney voluntarily entered the program to support her long-standing recovery process."
TMZ reported that Whitney checked into the program around 10 days ago. A music industry source said before the singer who popularized Annie Lennox's "Step by Step" entered rehab, "she was plastered and she was a mess." Radar Online additionally mentioned that even her ex-husband Bobby Brown is worried "she might not pull through".
About Whitney's relapse, a source close to Bobby spilled, "Whitney is doing crack again." The insider added, "It's the worst it's ever been. Whitney went on tour again, and that's when the relapse occurred." Accordingly, the singer is in "a dire situation" considering she was also "shutting a lot of people out of her life".
Whitney first tasted her rehab stint in 2004. She, at the time, told Diane Sawyer, "You get to a point where you know the party's over." She went back into treatment again in 2005 with the help of her mother Cissy Houston. In 2009, she told Oprah Winfrey she is no longer on drugs but is still tempted to use it again.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship