Whitney Houston Checks Into Rehab, Bobby Brown Terrified of Her Drug Abuse
Grammy winner Whitney Houston is back in rehab once again. The "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker, who has struggled with drugs and alcohol for years, has voluntarily sought treatment in an out-patient treatment program, her representative confirmed.
In a statement, the 47-year-old singer's representative announced, "Whitney Houston is currently in an out-patient rehab program for drug and alcohol treatment." The rep added, "Whitney voluntarily entered the program to support her long-standing recovery process."
TMZ reported that Whitney checked into the program around 10 days ago. A music industry source said before the singer who popularized Annie Lennox's "Step by Step" entered rehab, "she was plastered and she was a mess." Radar Online additionally mentioned that even her ex-husband Bobby Brown is worried "she might not pull through".
About Whitney's relapse, a source close to Bobby spilled, "Whitney is doing crack again." The insider added, "It's the worst it's ever been. Whitney went on tour again, and that's when the relapse occurred." Accordingly, the singer is in "a dire situation" considering she was also "shutting a lot of people out of her life".
Whitney first tasted her rehab stint in 2004. She, at the time, told Diane Sawyer, "You get to a point where you know the party's over." She went back into treatment again in 2005 with the help of her mother Cissy Houston. In 2009, she told Oprah Winfrey she is no longer on drugs but is still tempted to use it again.
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement