Pics: Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Taping 'X Factor (US)'
After the official line-up was revealed during the weekend, four "The X Factor (US)" judges have began filming on Sunday, May 8. Arriving at Galen Center in Los Angeles, California to audition singer wannabes, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell showed a lot of affection as they embraced each other and shared a little kiss.
"I'm very comfortable with her. And she's funny - she really is funny," Cowell said of his former fellow "American Idol" judge. "I think she's going to feel a lot of pressure, because there is a lot at stake here. ... Look, I missed her when she left 'Idol.' I was always very clear about that. I want to see her when we were really happy, which was probably the middle of 'Idol,' maybe season 4, 5. ... I'd like to get back to those times again."
Speaking on the stage, Paula told Cowell, "I'm thrilled that you invited me back. It's a blessing to be part of this." She later introduced another judge Cheryl Cole by saying, "And I couldn't be more thrilled to have someone on the panel here also who has experienced what it's like to sit next to him... Miss Cheryl Cole."
The Girls Aloud singer, who came in eye-catching purple Diane von Furstenberg trousers and an Oscar de la Renta top, then took the mic. She told the crowd, "I'm going to love getting to know America, and I hope you like to get to know me too. You might have to bear with the accent just a little bit, but I'm sure you'll get used to it."
L.A. Reid, who had signed up to judge the show earlier than Paula and Cheryl, also spoke to the audience. "To be clear, I'm not the Randy of the panel. I don't say 'dawg', but I do judge talent honestly," he declared on the stage. "I'm brutally honest. And I may not even agree with what you guys think."
Also appearing at the audition were newly-confirmed hosts Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones. "You're all probably wondering, Who the hell is this douche?" the Welsh presenter said of himself, to which the former Pussycat Doll responded, "Steve's actually a great singer. You wanna hear him?" Steve then offered the crowd a rendition of Take That's "Back for Good".
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed