First Teaser for Antonio Banderas' 'The Skin That I Live In'
First teaser trailer for Antonio Banderas' drama thriller, "The Skin That I Live In", has arrived online. Banderas' Robert Ledgard imprisons Elena Anaya's Vera in his house. Vera, in the meantime, unsuccessfully threatens Ledgard to let her go.
"The Skin That I Live In", which will be premiered at 2011 Cannes Film Festival, has a different storyline from the original work. In Thierry Jonquet's novel "Mygale", a plastic surgeon named Robert Ledgard is on the hunt for the men who raped his daughter. In a summary released on Cannes official site, it is said that the movie revolves around the surgeon whose wife was burnt in a car crash.
"Ever since his wife was burned in a car crash, Dr. Robert Ledgard, an eminent plastic surgeon, has been interested in creating a new skin with which he could have saved her," the synopsis read. "After twelve years, he manages to cultivate a skin that is a real shield against every assault."
"In addition to years of study and experimentation, Robert needed a further three things: no scruples, an accomplice and a human guinea pig. Scruples were never a problem. Marilia, the woman who looked after him from the day he was born, is his most faithful accomplice. And as for the human guinea pig..."
Supporting the forthcoming movie are the likes of Marisa Paredes, Blanca Suarez, Jan Cornet, and Roberto Alamo. Pedro Almodovar serves behind the lens and provides the script. The film itself will hit theaters in November, a few months after its premiere at Cannes in May.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal