Artist of the Week: Matthew Morrison
Matthew Morrison realizes that "Glee" may not be forever and he would like to have his own thing by then. He is breaking away from his Will Schuester image to craft the kind of songs he favors in "Matthew Morrison", his solo debut album which will be released this upcoming Tuesday, May 10.
"I wanted to let people in on who I am," Morrison told USA Today about the album. "I feel I'm so associated with the show now. I've done so many parts before the show, but this is what everyone knows me as."
The first single from the album, "Summer Rain" talks about making love on the roof. The second one is a cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was recorded with Gwyneth Paltrow's voice as well. From there, Morrison takes it to the next level with an Elton John duet on "The Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters and Rocket Man" mash-up.
Just a week before releasing the album, Morrison drops his last bomb with a Sting collaboration. He covers Sting's "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" which original can be found in the rocker's 1996 album "Mercury Falling".
The Mercury Records artist has also prepared a major summer tour this year where he would sing both his solos and tracks from "Glee". The first stop is Minneapolis on June 18.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris