Artist of the Week: Matthew Morrison
Matthew Morrison realizes that "Glee" may not be forever and he would like to have his own thing by then. He is breaking away from his Will Schuester image to craft the kind of songs he favors in "Matthew Morrison", his solo debut album which will be released this upcoming Tuesday, May 10.
"I wanted to let people in on who I am," Morrison told USA Today about the album. "I feel I'm so associated with the show now. I've done so many parts before the show, but this is what everyone knows me as."
The first single from the album, "Summer Rain" talks about making love on the roof. The second one is a cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was recorded with Gwyneth Paltrow's voice as well. From there, Morrison takes it to the next level with an Elton John duet on "The Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters and Rocket Man" mash-up.
Just a week before releasing the album, Morrison drops his last bomb with a Sting collaboration. He covers Sting's "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" which original can be found in the rocker's 1996 album "Mercury Falling".
The Mercury Records artist has also prepared a major summer tour this year where he would sing both his solos and tracks from "Glee". The first stop is Minneapolis on June 18.
More Matthew Morrison News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App