Artist of the Week: Matthew Morrison
Matthew Morrison realizes that "Glee" may not be forever and he would like to have his own thing by then. He is breaking away from his Will Schuester image to craft the kind of songs he favors in "Matthew Morrison", his solo debut album which will be released this upcoming Tuesday, May 10.
"I wanted to let people in on who I am," Morrison told USA Today about the album. "I feel I'm so associated with the show now. I've done so many parts before the show, but this is what everyone knows me as."
The first single from the album, "Summer Rain" talks about making love on the roof. The second one is a cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was recorded with Gwyneth Paltrow's voice as well. From there, Morrison takes it to the next level with an Elton John duet on "The Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters and Rocket Man" mash-up.
Just a week before releasing the album, Morrison drops his last bomb with a Sting collaboration. He covers Sting's "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" which original can be found in the rocker's 1996 album "Mercury Falling".
The Mercury Records artist has also prepared a major summer tour this year where he would sing both his solos and tracks from "Glee". The first stop is Minneapolis on June 18.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!