Artist of the Week: Matthew Morrison
Matthew Morrison realizes that "Glee" may not be forever and he would like to have his own thing by then. He is breaking away from his Will Schuester image to craft the kind of songs he favors in "Matthew Morrison", his solo debut album which will be released this upcoming Tuesday, May 10.
"I wanted to let people in on who I am," Morrison told USA Today about the album. "I feel I'm so associated with the show now. I've done so many parts before the show, but this is what everyone knows me as."
The first single from the album, "Summer Rain" talks about making love on the roof. The second one is a cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was recorded with Gwyneth Paltrow's voice as well. From there, Morrison takes it to the next level with an Elton John duet on "The Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters and Rocket Man" mash-up.
Just a week before releasing the album, Morrison drops his last bomb with a Sting collaboration. He covers Sting's "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" which original can be found in the rocker's 1996 album "Mercury Falling".
The Mercury Records artist has also prepared a major summer tour this year where he would sing both his solos and tracks from "Glee". The first stop is Minneapolis on June 18.
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced
- David Beckham Calls Wife Victoria a 'Knob' After She Posts an Embarrassing Video of Him
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet Auction Off a Private Dinner With Them for Charity
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Fantasy Suite Dates Cast More Doubt on Rachel's Future With a Frontrunner
- Kendall Jenner Completely Naked and Holding a Cigarette in New Instagram Pic
- Blac Chyna Spotted Holding Hands With New Man Mechie in Miami
- Drake Debuts New Song While Jogging Amid 'Take Care 2' Speculations
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song Enjoy Dinner in L.A. - Are They Together?