Artist of the Week: Matthew Morrison
Matthew Morrison realizes that "Glee" may not be forever and he would like to have his own thing by then. He is breaking away from his Will Schuester image to craft the kind of songs he favors in "Matthew Morrison", his solo debut album which will be released this upcoming Tuesday, May 10.
"I wanted to let people in on who I am," Morrison told USA Today about the album. "I feel I'm so associated with the show now. I've done so many parts before the show, but this is what everyone knows me as."
The first single from the album, "Summer Rain" talks about making love on the roof. The second one is a cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was recorded with Gwyneth Paltrow's voice as well. From there, Morrison takes it to the next level with an Elton John duet on "The Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters and Rocket Man" mash-up.
Just a week before releasing the album, Morrison drops his last bomb with a Sting collaboration. He covers Sting's "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot" which original can be found in the rocker's 1996 album "Mercury Falling".
The Mercury Records artist has also prepared a major summer tour this year where he would sing both his solos and tracks from "Glee". The first stop is Minneapolis on June 18.
More Matthew Morrison News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala