Official Cover Art of Lady GaGa's New Single 'Edge of Glory'
It's only been a few days since "Judas" music video was premiered, but Lady GaGa has already got ready to move on to another single. The Interscope Records artist is going to release "The Edge of Glory" as her next offering from upcoming studio album "Born This Way".
On Sunday, May 8, she tweeted, "My song THE EDGE OF GLORY will be released on itunes tomorrow to begin the countdown to album release! You want to see #TheEdgeSingleCover?" She soon followed it up by tweeting the artwork with caption, "Out tomorrow 1pm PDT. Another shot before we kiss the other side. I'm on the edge of something final we call life."
In an interview with Google earlier this year, GaGa said the soon-to-be-released single is "about your last moment on earth, the moment of truth, the moment before you leave earth." She co-wrote and co-produced it with Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow.
An early review from Rolling Stone, meanwhile, described the single as "a massive power ballad with heavy club beats that features Clarence Clemons of the E Street Band wailing on his saxophone." The publication further claimed, "There's an element of cheesiness to it, but it's totally captivating and incredibly catchy."
Lady GaGa is going to drop "Born This Way" across the United States on May 23. She preceded it with a number of promos including having appearances on major TV shows and collaborating with HBO for a "Monster Ball" special which aired May 7. There is also a snippet of "Marry the Night" hitting the web recently.
"Marry the Night" snippet:
More Lady GaGa News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences