Rumor of Darren Criss Having a Boyfriend Debunked
Contrary to recent report, Darren Criss doesn't have a boyfriend. The actor playing openly gay student Blaine on "Glee" was speculated to be dating pop artist Odain Watson after the two were snapped posing together while attending Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Event last Wednesday, May 4.
Using the photo as evidence, MediaTakeOut wrote in a headline, "IN GAY NEWS!! ONE OF THE WHITE GUYS FROM THE TV SHOW GLEE ... HAS A BLACK BOYFRIEND!!!" The outlet continued inside its report, "Interracial dating is even MORE rare in the Gay community than it is among straights. But the Darren guy doesn't seem to mind ..."
Quick to debunk the fabricated story was Gossip Cop. Setting the record straight, the site cited a source close to Darren as claiming, "There is no truth to this story." The 24-year-old TV actor himself has previously come out as straight in an interview for the Hollywood Issue of Out Magazine.
Explaining his reason for speaking the truth, the former "Eastwick" actor explained at the time, "I think it's more empowering to everybody, including myself, if I'm articulate about identifying myself as a straight male playing a gay character. Ultimately, that's more powerful for both communities."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics