Rumor of Darren Criss Having a Boyfriend Debunked
Contrary to recent report, Darren Criss doesn't have a boyfriend. The actor playing openly gay student Blaine on "Glee" was speculated to be dating pop artist Odain Watson after the two were snapped posing together while attending Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Event last Wednesday, May 4.
Using the photo as evidence, MediaTakeOut wrote in a headline, "IN GAY NEWS!! ONE OF THE WHITE GUYS FROM THE TV SHOW GLEE ... HAS A BLACK BOYFRIEND!!!" The outlet continued inside its report, "Interracial dating is even MORE rare in the Gay community than it is among straights. But the Darren guy doesn't seem to mind ..."
Quick to debunk the fabricated story was Gossip Cop. Setting the record straight, the site cited a source close to Darren as claiming, "There is no truth to this story." The 24-year-old TV actor himself has previously come out as straight in an interview for the Hollywood Issue of Out Magazine.
Explaining his reason for speaking the truth, the former "Eastwick" actor explained at the time, "I think it's more empowering to everybody, including myself, if I'm articulate about identifying myself as a straight male playing a gay character. Ultimately, that's more powerful for both communities."
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'