Rumor of Darren Criss Having a Boyfriend Debunked
Contrary to recent report, Darren Criss doesn't have a boyfriend. The actor playing openly gay student Blaine on "Glee" was speculated to be dating pop artist Odain Watson after the two were snapped posing together while attending Nylon Magazine's Young Hollywood Event last Wednesday, May 4.
Using the photo as evidence, MediaTakeOut wrote in a headline, "IN GAY NEWS!! ONE OF THE WHITE GUYS FROM THE TV SHOW GLEE ... HAS A BLACK BOYFRIEND!!!" The outlet continued inside its report, "Interracial dating is even MORE rare in the Gay community than it is among straights. But the Darren guy doesn't seem to mind ..."
Quick to debunk the fabricated story was Gossip Cop. Setting the record straight, the site cited a source close to Darren as claiming, "There is no truth to this story." The 24-year-old TV actor himself has previously come out as straight in an interview for the Hollywood Issue of Out Magazine.
Explaining his reason for speaking the truth, the former "Eastwick" actor explained at the time, "I think it's more empowering to everybody, including myself, if I'm articulate about identifying myself as a straight male playing a gay character. Ultimately, that's more powerful for both communities."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern