Will Smith Wanted in Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
Will Smith has become the top star being considered to take the lead role in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained". The actor has allegedly received an informal offer from Tarantino while the director was writing the script.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Smith has received the screenplay. However, it is unclear whether the Hollywood star has read the draft. While he has received an informal offer, any deal would be subject to straightening out the availability and some kind of financial understanding.
Sources spilled to Variety that the 42-year-old actor would give up his $20 million salary to take a part in the movie, which includes themes of racism and the liberal use of the N-word. The "Men in Black" star also said to have been waiting for an edgier role.
Should the deal is settled, Smith will join Christoph Waltz, who is attached to play Dr. King Schultz. Leonardo DiCaprio was previously said passing the role before Waltz gets the offer. In the meantime, Brad Pitt has also been rumored turning down an offer to take a supporting role in the forthcoming movie.
Smith last starred in box office project in 2008's "Seven Pounds". In 2010, he served as the producer in "The Karate Kid", in which his 12-year-old boy Jaden Smith starred as Dre Parker. He is currently filming "Men in Black 3" with Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin.
"Django Unchained" revolves around a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter, becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself, and after assisting Schultz in taking down some bad guys for profit, is helped by Schultz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences