'Glee' Cover of Rebecca Black's 'Friday' and Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep'
"Glee" has kicked off the first weekend of May by releasing their take on "Friday". The male stars like Chord Overstreet, Kevin McHale and Mark Salling get auto-tuned in this cover version. They are going to perform the revamped tune on "Prom Queen" episode which airs next Tuesday, May 10.
Soon after their rendition was out for Gleeks' listening pleasure, Rebecca Black, the singer who recorded the original viral hit and made it famous via YouTube, took to her Twitter to reveal her excitement over the re-recorded song. The teenager wrote, "Just heard Glee's version of Friday!! :D."
Beside having Sam, Artie and Puck on "Friday", the upcoming "Prom Queen" episode will also feature Rachel Berry singing Adele's hit "Rolling in the Deep". The female New Directions member played by Lea Michele teams up with Jonathan Groff's Jesse St. James for the cover version.
The other songs on the next week setlist are "Dancing Queen" from ABBA, "Isn't She Lovely" from Stevie Wonder, "Jar of Hearts" from Christina Perri, and "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You" from Black Kids.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion