'Glee' Cover of Rebecca Black's 'Friday' and Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep'
"Glee" has kicked off the first weekend of May by releasing their take on "Friday". The male stars like Chord Overstreet, Kevin McHale and Mark Salling get auto-tuned in this cover version. They are going to perform the revamped tune on "Prom Queen" episode which airs next Tuesday, May 10.
Soon after their rendition was out for Gleeks' listening pleasure, Rebecca Black, the singer who recorded the original viral hit and made it famous via YouTube, took to her Twitter to reveal her excitement over the re-recorded song. The teenager wrote, "Just heard Glee's version of Friday!! :D."
Beside having Sam, Artie and Puck on "Friday", the upcoming "Prom Queen" episode will also feature Rachel Berry singing Adele's hit "Rolling in the Deep". The female New Directions member played by Lea Michele teams up with Jonathan Groff's Jesse St. James for the cover version.
The other songs on the next week setlist are "Dancing Queen" from ABBA, "Isn't She Lovely" from Stevie Wonder, "Jar of Hearts" from Christina Perri, and "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You" from Black Kids.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group