'Glee' Cover of Rebecca Black's 'Friday' and Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep'
"Glee" has kicked off the first weekend of May by releasing their take on "Friday". The male stars like Chord Overstreet, Kevin McHale and Mark Salling get auto-tuned in this cover version. They are going to perform the revamped tune on "Prom Queen" episode which airs next Tuesday, May 10.
Soon after their rendition was out for Gleeks' listening pleasure, Rebecca Black, the singer who recorded the original viral hit and made it famous via YouTube, took to her Twitter to reveal her excitement over the re-recorded song. The teenager wrote, "Just heard Glee's version of Friday!! :D."
Beside having Sam, Artie and Puck on "Friday", the upcoming "Prom Queen" episode will also feature Rachel Berry singing Adele's hit "Rolling in the Deep". The female New Directions member played by Lea Michele teams up with Jonathan Groff's Jesse St. James for the cover version.
The other songs on the next week setlist are "Dancing Queen" from ABBA, "Isn't She Lovely" from Stevie Wonder, "Jar of Hearts" from Christina Perri, and "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You" from Black Kids.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie