Darren Criss: I Wore Pink Suit With Ruffles for Prom
Although he is playing a suave character on FOX's "Glee", Darren Criss claims he used to be pretty silly when it comes to fashion. Met at the series' TV Academy event in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, May 4, the 24-year-old hunk revealed to Access Hollywood what he wore to his real-life junior prom.
The actor famous for his portrayal of Blaine on the popular series spilled, "It was like an all pink suit with ruffles." For his footwear, he said, "I would paint my shoes green or something really loud and obnoxious that wasn't really very stylish, and probably a little too self-indulgent, but I was in high school."
On the reason behind his fashion choice, the "Eastwick" actor explained, "I always made sure to be as silly as humanly possible, which I do on a day to day basis." He further mentioned, however, that his obnoxious outfit was all a thing in the past. "I've learned a lot since then," so he claimed.
Recalling about the prom itself, Darren shared that he was pretty busy taking care of the event that he continually left his date. "I was in the band. That's why I went," he said. "I was like on the committee that would plan the prom and the guy who was in the band at the prom so, I was the backstage guy much to the dismay of my date."
On small screen, Darren will go to prom in the next episode of "Glee" that will air on May 10. A synopsis for the episode read, "When the entertainment for prom falls through, Principal Figgins asks New Directions to perform at the dance much to prom coordinator Sue's dismay. Things get heated as the competition for prom king and queen draws closer."
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6