Beyonce Knowles' Charity Single 'God Bless the USA' Hits the Web
Beyonce Knowles is not only busy preparing her new album but is also occupied with charity works. Beside supporting First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign against childhood obesity, she has recorded a charity single as well. It's a cover version of patriotic song "God Bless the USA" and will be released to raise fund for New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit cause.
The re-recorded song is set to debut on national TV during "Piers Morgan Tonight". According to the former judge of "America's Got Talent", Beyonce first recorded "God Bless the USA" in 2008 for President Obama's campaign, but the older sister of Solange Knowles never released it until recently.
Piers Morgan called it a "very emotional and inspiring song." The host of the CNN show wrote on Twitter, "If you don't get teary at the end of @PiersTonight and the world premiere of Beyonce's "God Bless The USA" you're probably not from here."
Beyonce herself said in a statement, "We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. Thank you Piers Morgan and CNN for helping to get the message out to everyone about this."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie