Beyonce Knowles' Charity Single 'God Bless the USA' Hits the Web
Beyonce Knowles is not only busy preparing her new album but is also occupied with charity works. Beside supporting First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign against childhood obesity, she has recorded a charity single as well. It's a cover version of patriotic song "God Bless the USA" and will be released to raise fund for New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit cause.
The re-recorded song is set to debut on national TV during "Piers Morgan Tonight". According to the former judge of "America's Got Talent", Beyonce first recorded "God Bless the USA" in 2008 for President Obama's campaign, but the older sister of Solange Knowles never released it until recently.
Piers Morgan called it a "very emotional and inspiring song." The host of the CNN show wrote on Twitter, "If you don't get teary at the end of @PiersTonight and the world premiere of Beyonce's "God Bless The USA" you're probably not from here."
Beyonce herself said in a statement, "We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. Thank you Piers Morgan and CNN for helping to get the message out to everyone about this."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!