Beyonce Knowles' Charity Single 'God Bless the USA' Hits the Web
Beyonce Knowles is not only busy preparing her new album but is also occupied with charity works. Beside supporting First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign against childhood obesity, she has recorded a charity single as well. It's a cover version of patriotic song "God Bless the USA" and will be released to raise fund for New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit cause.
The re-recorded song is set to debut on national TV during "Piers Morgan Tonight". According to the former judge of "America's Got Talent", Beyonce first recorded "God Bless the USA" in 2008 for President Obama's campaign, but the older sister of Solange Knowles never released it until recently.
Piers Morgan called it a "very emotional and inspiring song." The host of the CNN show wrote on Twitter, "If you don't get teary at the end of @PiersTonight and the world premiere of Beyonce's "God Bless The USA" you're probably not from here."
Beyonce herself said in a statement, "We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. We were all affected by the tragedies of 911 and continue to keep the families who lost loved ones close to our hearts. Thank you Piers Morgan and CNN for helping to get the message out to everyone about this."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes