'American Idol' Result: Jacob Lusk Can't Escape Elimination
"American Idol" has sent home Jacob Lusk on Thursday, May 5. The 23-year-old singer joined Lauren Alaina in a group standing on the right side of the stage after mentor Jimmy Iovine gave him 6 for his Wednesday's performances of contemporary and 1960s' songs.
Once again, host Ryan Seacrest warned audience, "You might be surprised," before announcing the result from 60 million votes that came in for the contestants. He then divided the five finalists into two groups with Scotty McCreery, James Durbin and Haley Reinhart on the left side of the stage.
The group of three was announced safe first, making it down to Jacob and Lauren. Lauren looked emotional as it was her first time ever in the bottom position. Jacob then received the bad news, getting eliminated from the show.
Lauren, Scott, James and Haley will return next week to show that they deserve the title of "Idol" winner.
"American Idol" May 5 result show had Lady Antebellum and Jennifer Lopez as musical performers.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance