'American Idol' Result: Jacob Lusk Can't Escape Elimination
"American Idol" has sent home Jacob Lusk on Thursday, May 5. The 23-year-old singer joined Lauren Alaina in a group standing on the right side of the stage after mentor Jimmy Iovine gave him 6 for his Wednesday's performances of contemporary and 1960s' songs.
Once again, host Ryan Seacrest warned audience, "You might be surprised," before announcing the result from 60 million votes that came in for the contestants. He then divided the five finalists into two groups with Scotty McCreery, James Durbin and Haley Reinhart on the left side of the stage.
The group of three was announced safe first, making it down to Jacob and Lauren. Lauren looked emotional as it was her first time ever in the bottom position. Jacob then received the bad news, getting eliminated from the show.
Lauren, Scott, James and Haley will return next week to show that they deserve the title of "Idol" winner.
"American Idol" May 5 result show had Lady Antebellum and Jennifer Lopez as musical performers.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift