'American Idol' Result: Jacob Lusk Can't Escape Elimination
"American Idol" has sent home Jacob Lusk on Thursday, May 5. The 23-year-old singer joined Lauren Alaina in a group standing on the right side of the stage after mentor Jimmy Iovine gave him 6 for his Wednesday's performances of contemporary and 1960s' songs.
Once again, host Ryan Seacrest warned audience, "You might be surprised," before announcing the result from 60 million votes that came in for the contestants. He then divided the five finalists into two groups with Scotty McCreery, James Durbin and Haley Reinhart on the left side of the stage.
The group of three was announced safe first, making it down to Jacob and Lauren. Lauren looked emotional as it was her first time ever in the bottom position. Jacob then received the bad news, getting eliminated from the show.
Lauren, Scott, James and Haley will return next week to show that they deserve the title of "Idol" winner.
"American Idol" May 5 result show had Lady Antebellum and Jennifer Lopez as musical performers.
More American Idol News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'