'American Idol' Result: Jacob Lusk Can't Escape Elimination
"American Idol" has sent home Jacob Lusk on Thursday, May 5. The 23-year-old singer joined Lauren Alaina in a group standing on the right side of the stage after mentor Jimmy Iovine gave him 6 for his Wednesday's performances of contemporary and 1960s' songs.
Once again, host Ryan Seacrest warned audience, "You might be surprised," before announcing the result from 60 million votes that came in for the contestants. He then divided the five finalists into two groups with Scotty McCreery, James Durbin and Haley Reinhart on the left side of the stage.
The group of three was announced safe first, making it down to Jacob and Lauren. Lauren looked emotional as it was her first time ever in the bottom position. Jacob then received the bad news, getting eliminated from the show.
Lauren, Scott, James and Haley will return next week to show that they deserve the title of "Idol" winner.
"American Idol" May 5 result show had Lady Antebellum and Jennifer Lopez as musical performers.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones