Video Premiere: Lady GaGa's 'Judas'
Lady GaGa's potentially-offensive music video in support of her controversial single "Judas" has just been out for fans' viewing pleasure. Directed by the Monster ringleader with the help from her choreographer Laurianne Gibson, the video actually leaked hours before the official release date. This prompted her to rush the premiere around three hours earlier before the original schedule.
GaGa plays Mary Magdalene, and Norman Reedus portray Judas. Talking about her role, the outspoken singer said, "I play Mary Magdalene leading them into the town where we meet Jesus and I will leave the rest for you to see. But it's meant more to celebrate faith than it is to challenge it."
Due to its biblical imagery, the music video was slammed by a Catholic conservative group even before it's released. "I find GaGa to be increasingly irrelevant. She thinks she is going to be groundbreaking. She is trying to ripoff Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances," said Bill Donohue, president of a Catholic League.
A few weeks later, the "Born This Way" hitmaker broke her silence over the criticism. Speaking to MSN Entertainment, she insisted the song and its music video are not supposed to be blasphemous, but rather be a "metaphor for forgiveness" and "celebration of faith."
The outlandish singer defended the song further when talking to E! News' Giuliana Rancic. "I don't view the video as a religious statement," she stated. "I view it as social statement. I view it as a cultural statement. It's a metaphor. It's not meant to be a biblical lesson."
Some pictures from the video :
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed