Hal Jordan Gets Sword Lesson in New 'Green Lantern' Trailer
A fresh trailer for "Green Lantern" has arrived online. While the first half of the preview contains footage seen in a sneak peek video debuted at Comic Con, the second half offers new scenes, including the ones where Hal Jordan faces Sinestro in a sword lesson, and where Jordan is hit by Kilowog in another painful lesson. The newly-released video also features the first look at the Guardians of the Green Lanterns' power source.
Jordan, an ordinary man, is chosen by a dying alien to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. As a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the universe, the fate of Earth lies in Jordan's hands.
In the superhero movie, Ryan Reynolds stars as Jordan, while Blake Lively takes the female lead role of Carol Ferris, Jordan's love interest. Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard take the villainous roles of Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Meanwhile, Geoffrey Rush and Michael Clarke Duncan will provide voice for Tomar-Re and Kilowog respectively. The Martin Campbell-directed film will make its way out Stateside on June 17.
More Green Lantern News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video