Adele Stays Strong at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200
Adele remains at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Having no new entry on the top 10 list, the U.S. album chart is led by "21" after the album pulls in another 124,000 copies (down 19%). This marks the British singer's sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse.
Additionally, she joins a few of female artists who in the last 10 years manage to hold the first position for many weeks. Taylor Swift sat at No. 1 with 2008 "Fearless" for 11 weeks and 2010 "Speak Now" for 6 weeks. Norah Jones' 2004 "Feels Like Home" and Susan Boyle's 2009 "I Dreamed a Dream" once ruled the chart for six weeks as well.
Although there is no new release which makes it to the top 10, the chart welcomes back Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", and Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers". Both of them have been out of the list for a while now, but they are back this week. The former takes the eighth position, and the latter follows right behind it.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (34,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (30,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (30,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (28,000)
- "Glee, The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (28,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (24,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (24,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (24,000)
More Adele News
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album