Adele Stays Strong at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200
Adele remains at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Having no new entry on the top 10 list, the U.S. album chart is led by "21" after the album pulls in another 124,000 copies (down 19%). This marks the British singer's sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse.
Additionally, she joins a few of female artists who in the last 10 years manage to hold the first position for many weeks. Taylor Swift sat at No. 1 with 2008 "Fearless" for 11 weeks and 2010 "Speak Now" for 6 weeks. Norah Jones' 2004 "Feels Like Home" and Susan Boyle's 2009 "I Dreamed a Dream" once ruled the chart for six weeks as well.
Although there is no new release which makes it to the top 10, the chart welcomes back Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", and Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers". Both of them have been out of the list for a while now, but they are back this week. The former takes the eighth position, and the latter follows right behind it.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (34,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (30,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (30,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (28,000)
- "Glee, The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (28,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (24,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (24,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (24,000)
More Adele News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media