Adele Stays Strong at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200
Adele remains at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Having no new entry on the top 10 list, the U.S. album chart is led by "21" after the album pulls in another 124,000 copies (down 19%). This marks the British singer's sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse.
Additionally, she joins a few of female artists who in the last 10 years manage to hold the first position for many weeks. Taylor Swift sat at No. 1 with 2008 "Fearless" for 11 weeks and 2010 "Speak Now" for 6 weeks. Norah Jones' 2004 "Feels Like Home" and Susan Boyle's 2009 "I Dreamed a Dream" once ruled the chart for six weeks as well.
Although there is no new release which makes it to the top 10, the chart welcomes back Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", and Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers". Both of them have been out of the list for a while now, but they are back this week. The former takes the eighth position, and the latter follows right behind it.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (34,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (30,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (30,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (28,000)
- "Glee, The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (28,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (24,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (24,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (24,000)
More Adele News
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'