Adele Stays Strong at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200
Adele remains at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Having no new entry on the top 10 list, the U.S. album chart is led by "21" after the album pulls in another 124,000 copies (down 19%). This marks the British singer's sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse.
Additionally, she joins a few of female artists who in the last 10 years manage to hold the first position for many weeks. Taylor Swift sat at No. 1 with 2008 "Fearless" for 11 weeks and 2010 "Speak Now" for 6 weeks. Norah Jones' 2004 "Feels Like Home" and Susan Boyle's 2009 "I Dreamed a Dream" once ruled the chart for six weeks as well.
Although there is no new release which makes it to the top 10, the chart welcomes back Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", and Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers". Both of them have been out of the list for a while now, but they are back this week. The former takes the eighth position, and the latter follows right behind it.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (34,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (30,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (30,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (28,000)
- "Glee, The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (28,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (24,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (24,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (24,000)
More Adele News
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music