Adele Stays Strong at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200
Adele remains at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 this week. Having no new entry on the top 10 list, the U.S. album chart is led by "21" after the album pulls in another 124,000 copies (down 19%). This marks the British singer's sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse.
Additionally, she joins a few of female artists who in the last 10 years manage to hold the first position for many weeks. Taylor Swift sat at No. 1 with 2008 "Fearless" for 11 weeks and 2010 "Speak Now" for 6 weeks. Norah Jones' 2004 "Feels Like Home" and Susan Boyle's 2009 "I Dreamed a Dream" once ruled the chart for six weeks as well.
Although there is no new release which makes it to the top 10, the chart welcomes back Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream", and Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers". Both of them have been out of the list for a while now, but they are back this week. The former takes the eighth position, and the latter follows right behind it.
- "21" - Adele (124,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (34,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (32,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (30,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (30,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (28,000)
- "Glee, The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (28,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (24,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (24,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (24,000)
More Adele News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby