First Trailer for AMC's New Western Drama 'Hell on Wheels'
AMC has released the first sneak peek to its new series "Hell on Wheels". It features Anson Mount as a former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon who is seeking revenge on the Union troops who killed his family. His quest leads him to the Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
Set against the backdrop of America post-Civil War, the Western drama documents the institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience, and the plight of the newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Over time, the show also chronicles this potent turning point in our nation's history, and how uncivilized the business of civilization can be.
Rapper/actor Common stars as freed slave Elam, while former "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine" star Colm Meaney takes the role of big boss man Durant. Other stars joining the cast ensemble are Dominique McElligott, Ben Esler, Philip Burk and Eddie Spears.
"Hell on Wheels" is created by Joe and Tony Gayton. Production will officially begin on May 16 in Calgary, while the ten-episode first season will debut in fall.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked