First Trailer for AMC's New Western Drama 'Hell on Wheels'
AMC has released the first sneak peek to its new series "Hell on Wheels". It features Anson Mount as a former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon who is seeking revenge on the Union troops who killed his family. His quest leads him to the Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
Set against the backdrop of America post-Civil War, the Western drama documents the institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience, and the plight of the newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Over time, the show also chronicles this potent turning point in our nation's history, and how uncivilized the business of civilization can be.
Rapper/actor Common stars as freed slave Elam, while former "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine" star Colm Meaney takes the role of big boss man Durant. Other stars joining the cast ensemble are Dominique McElligott, Ben Esler, Philip Burk and Eddie Spears.
"Hell on Wheels" is created by Joe and Tony Gayton. Production will officially begin on May 16 in Calgary, while the ten-episode first season will debut in fall.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs