First Trailer for AMC's New Western Drama 'Hell on Wheels'
AMC has released the first sneak peek to its new series "Hell on Wheels". It features Anson Mount as a former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon who is seeking revenge on the Union troops who killed his family. His quest leads him to the Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
Set against the backdrop of America post-Civil War, the Western drama documents the institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience, and the plight of the newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Over time, the show also chronicles this potent turning point in our nation's history, and how uncivilized the business of civilization can be.
Rapper/actor Common stars as freed slave Elam, while former "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine" star Colm Meaney takes the role of big boss man Durant. Other stars joining the cast ensemble are Dominique McElligott, Ben Esler, Philip Burk and Eddie Spears.
"Hell on Wheels" is created by Joe and Tony Gayton. Production will officially begin on May 16 in Calgary, while the ten-episode first season will debut in fall.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars