First Trailer for AMC's New Western Drama 'Hell on Wheels'
AMC has released the first sneak peek to its new series "Hell on Wheels". It features Anson Mount as a former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon who is seeking revenge on the Union troops who killed his family. His quest leads him to the Union Pacific Railroad's westward construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
Set against the backdrop of America post-Civil War, the Western drama documents the institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience, and the plight of the newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Over time, the show also chronicles this potent turning point in our nation's history, and how uncivilized the business of civilization can be.
Rapper/actor Common stars as freed slave Elam, while former "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine" star Colm Meaney takes the role of big boss man Durant. Other stars joining the cast ensemble are Dominique McElligott, Ben Esler, Philip Burk and Eddie Spears.
"Hell on Wheels" is created by Joe and Tony Gayton. Production will officially begin on May 16 in Calgary, while the ten-episode first season will debut in fall.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert