Chris Hemsworth Could Hunt Kristen Stewart in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
Chris Hemsworth may trade his hammer for an ax. Deadline reports that the "Thor" star is the front-runner to play the huntsman in Rupert Sanders-directed "Snow White and the Huntsman".
If Hemsworth is chosen, he will star opposite Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron who are set to portray Snow White and evil queen respectively. His character is ordered by evil queen to kill Snow White. However, the man decides to train Snow White to take care of herself.
Hemsworth's possible involvement has raised speculation on the film's start date. As Hemsworth has been scheduled to shoot comic-adapted "The Avengers", it is rumored that he will cause "Snow White and the Huntsman" to be off the plan.
An Australian actor, Hemsworth made his Hollywood debut through 2010's "Ca$h" where he played an economically troubled young man Sam Phelan. He has recently completed shooting action drama "Red Dawn" as well as "The Cabin in the Woods".
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is a fantasy film which is inspired by a Grimm fairy tale. It tells a story about the huntsman (who, in the original fairy tale, is supposed to kill Snow White but ends up letting her go) who becomes her protector and a mentor of sorts as they try to escape from the evil queen who ordered her death. The movie is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on December 21, 2012.
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years
- Ellen DeGeneres Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Coming Out in Special Episode
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner