Discovery to Air One Hour Special Detailing Osama's Death
Since Osama bin Laden's death has become a hot topic on the last few days, Discovery Channel will air a one hour special that highlights the event. The network has lined up "Killing bin Laden" which "provides an intimate second-by-second account of the Bin Laden operation."
"Utilizing a global team of local reporters, fixers and cameras on the ground in Abbottabad, Pakistan," the special will detail how the operation was planned and executed, and the special ops involved in the operation. It will additionally provide scoop on the burial of bin Laden at sea.
"Killing bin Laden" will premiere on Sunday, May 15 at 10P.M. ET/PT. Encore airings will air on Discovery Communications' Military Channel, Science Channel ID and Planet Green in the U.S.
Osama bin Laden's death was announced by Barack Obama on Sunday, May 1. The U.S. President interrupted the primetime to deliver his speech on U.S. TV networks, saying "Tonight I can report to the American people and the world, the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaeda and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group