Discovery to Air One Hour Special Detailing Osama's Death
Since Osama bin Laden's death has become a hot topic on the last few days, Discovery Channel will air a one hour special that highlights the event. The network has lined up "Killing bin Laden" which "provides an intimate second-by-second account of the Bin Laden operation."
"Utilizing a global team of local reporters, fixers and cameras on the ground in Abbottabad, Pakistan," the special will detail how the operation was planned and executed, and the special ops involved in the operation. It will additionally provide scoop on the burial of bin Laden at sea.
"Killing bin Laden" will premiere on Sunday, May 15 at 10P.M. ET/PT. Encore airings will air on Discovery Communications' Military Channel, Science Channel ID and Planet Green in the U.S.
Osama bin Laden's death was announced by Barack Obama on Sunday, May 1. The U.S. President interrupted the primetime to deliver his speech on U.S. TV networks, saying "Tonight I can report to the American people and the world, the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaeda and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children."
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC