2011 MET Ball: Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z Get Booed on Red Carpet
Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z have found themselves getting booed on the red carpet. The "Halo" singer and her music mogul husband attended this year's Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday night, May 2, and upset photographers when they failed to pose for pictures.
Reporting the incident was The Cut. The New York Fashion Magazine's fashion blog first tweeted, "OMG Beyonce and Jay-Z are being BOOED at the #MetGala for not posing for pictures! Yes, boo!" In another tweet, it was explained, "Beyonce's Pucci dress was so tight she could barely walk up the stairs as she failed to stop for the photographers. #MetGala".
The 29-year-old wore an extremely form-fitting Pucci gown which had gold embroidery and jet paillettes to the event held to celebrate the Wednesday (May 4) opening of the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition. USA Today Style, additionally, posted a video of the booing along with a caption that read, "This carpet seems crazier than the Oscars! Who boos Beyonce??"
Beyonce and her husband Jigga apparently weren't the only one feeling the wrath of the photographers. The photogs reportedly directed their agitation toward her younger sister Solange Knowles as well. "After the photogs loudly booed Beyonce for not posing, Solange arrived and they shouted, 'Don't shoot her. She can tell her sister.'#MetGala," tweeted The Cut.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child