Chris Hemsworth, Jaimie Alexander and More at 'Thor' Hollywood Premiere
"Thor" has brought down the hammer to Hollywood for its U.S. premiere. Hosted by Isaiah Mustafa, the premiere was held at the El Capitan Theater on Monday, May 2, starting at 8:30 P.M. ET. The live stream of the premiere for the fantasy film is available on Marvel.com.
Attending the red carpet was Chris Hemsworth, who stars as the title character in the film. Jaimie Alexander additionally appeared at the event in her gray gown. Anthony Hopkins, Ray Stevenson, Joshua Dallas, and Kat Dennings were among other supporting actors hitting the premiere. Director Kenneth Branagh walked the red carpet as well.
Tadanobu Asano, who plays Hogun in the movie, was also seen hitting the red carpet in a black suit. Coming to the event with an interpreter, the Japanese actor admitted that his role in "Thor" is important, yet he wanted people to watch his work in the past as well.
While cameras were searching for Hollywood stars, children seemed to have something else in their mind. During the event, children kept coming to hold Thor's hammer, and they were seen posing with the hammer.
The premiere has made streets at Highland Avenue and Orange Drive closed from 6 A.M. Monday, May 2, until 1 A.M. Tuesday, May 3. Additionally, the mid-block crosswalk is shut down from 4 P.M.-1 A.M., and the sidewalk in front of the El Capitan Theater is inaccessible between 5-8 P.M.
The Marvel comic-adapted movie tells the tale of a powerful but arrogant warrior who is cast down to Earth due to his reckless actions. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth. "Thor" opens in U.S. theaters on May 6.
More Thor News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24