2011 MET Ball: Taylor Swift Elegant in Couture, Kristen Stewart Bold in Red
Hollywood beauties have stepped out in their best dresses to celebrate this year's Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Among those showing off their fashionista side on Monday night, May 2 were country music hitmaker Taylor Swift and "Twilight Saga" star Kristen Stewart.
21-year-old Taylor went dramatic yet elegant for her red carpet look. The "Back to December" singer wore a J. Mendel couture Asymmetric Petal gown. She paired her nude and black lace dress with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Christian Louboutin pumps, and completed her look with a side chignon, smoky eyes and signature red lips.
Kristen, in the meantime, ditched her casual look for a bold one. The "On the Road" actress slipped into a ruby-red, high-neck Proenza Schouler gown with a high slit-up on the side, and accessorized with triple buckle stilettos and Fred Leighton jewels. She was escorted by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, instead of bringing rumored boyfriend Robert Pattinson.
Also turning heads on the red carpet were Ashley Greene, Blake Lively and Sofia Vergara. 24-year-old Ashley dazzled in a gorgeous strapless Donna Karan gown, 23-year-old Blake sparkled in a Grecian-inspired dress from Chanel's Haute Couture Collection, and 38-year-old Sofia was lovely in a Carolina Herrera strapless jasmine white blossom print faille gown.
This year's Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrates the Wednesday (May 4) opening of the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition which features the late designer's iconic work. Other stars joining the celebration included Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson), and Jennifer Hudson.
More Taylor Swift News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show