2011 MET Ball: Taylor Swift Elegant in Couture, Kristen Stewart Bold in Red
Hollywood beauties have stepped out in their best dresses to celebrate this year's Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Among those showing off their fashionista side on Monday night, May 2 were country music hitmaker Taylor Swift and "Twilight Saga" star Kristen Stewart.
21-year-old Taylor went dramatic yet elegant for her red carpet look. The "Back to December" singer wore a J. Mendel couture Asymmetric Petal gown. She paired her nude and black lace dress with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Christian Louboutin pumps, and completed her look with a side chignon, smoky eyes and signature red lips.
Kristen, in the meantime, ditched her casual look for a bold one. The "On the Road" actress slipped into a ruby-red, high-neck Proenza Schouler gown with a high slit-up on the side, and accessorized with triple buckle stilettos and Fred Leighton jewels. She was escorted by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, instead of bringing rumored boyfriend Robert Pattinson.
Also turning heads on the red carpet were Ashley Greene, Blake Lively and Sofia Vergara. 24-year-old Ashley dazzled in a gorgeous strapless Donna Karan gown, 23-year-old Blake sparkled in a Grecian-inspired dress from Chanel's Haute Couture Collection, and 38-year-old Sofia was lovely in a Carolina Herrera strapless jasmine white blossom print faille gown.
This year's Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrates the Wednesday (May 4) opening of the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition which features the late designer's iconic work. Other stars joining the celebration included Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson), and Jennifer Hudson.
More Taylor Swift News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics