2011 MET Ball: Taylor Swift Elegant in Couture, Kristen Stewart Bold in Red
Hollywood beauties have stepped out in their best dresses to celebrate this year's Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Among those showing off their fashionista side on Monday night, May 2 were country music hitmaker Taylor Swift and "Twilight Saga" star Kristen Stewart.
21-year-old Taylor went dramatic yet elegant for her red carpet look. The "Back to December" singer wore a J. Mendel couture Asymmetric Petal gown. She paired her nude and black lace dress with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Christian Louboutin pumps, and completed her look with a side chignon, smoky eyes and signature red lips.
Kristen, in the meantime, ditched her casual look for a bold one. The "On the Road" actress slipped into a ruby-red, high-neck Proenza Schouler gown with a high slit-up on the side, and accessorized with triple buckle stilettos and Fred Leighton jewels. She was escorted by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, instead of bringing rumored boyfriend Robert Pattinson.
Also turning heads on the red carpet were Ashley Greene, Blake Lively and Sofia Vergara. 24-year-old Ashley dazzled in a gorgeous strapless Donna Karan gown, 23-year-old Blake sparkled in a Grecian-inspired dress from Chanel's Haute Couture Collection, and 38-year-old Sofia was lovely in a Carolina Herrera strapless jasmine white blossom print faille gown.
This year's Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrates the Wednesday (May 4) opening of the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition which features the late designer's iconic work. Other stars joining the celebration included Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Rihanna, Fergie (Stacy Ferguson), and Jennifer Hudson.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding