Arrested for DUI, Rick Springfield Looks Sad in Mug Shot
Rick Springfield, the singer best known for his '80s hit "Jessie's Girl", has a run-in with the law recently. TMZ broke the news that the 61-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on Sunday night, May 1. The gossip site has also uncovered the sad-looking mug shot of the rocker.
As for the details leading to Rick's arrest, Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, told Los Angeles Times that the soap actor-turned-crooner was driving his 1963 Corvette when being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway and Trancas Canyon Road at around 8 P.M. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," he said.
It was still unclear what traffic violation Rick did at the time, but when the deputies pulled him over, they smelled alcohol on his breath. After blowing into a breathalyzer, the rocker registered a 0.10% alcohol content whereas the legal limit in California is 0.08. He was taken into custody in Malibu, before being released on $5,000 bond at around 2:10 A.M. Monday, May 2.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal