Arrested for DUI, Rick Springfield Looks Sad in Mug Shot
Rick Springfield, the singer best known for his '80s hit "Jessie's Girl", has a run-in with the law recently. TMZ broke the news that the 61-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on Sunday night, May 1. The gossip site has also uncovered the sad-looking mug shot of the rocker.
As for the details leading to Rick's arrest, Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, told Los Angeles Times that the soap actor-turned-crooner was driving his 1963 Corvette when being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway and Trancas Canyon Road at around 8 P.M. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," he said.
It was still unclear what traffic violation Rick did at the time, but when the deputies pulled him over, they smelled alcohol on his breath. After blowing into a breathalyzer, the rocker registered a 0.10% alcohol content whereas the legal limit in California is 0.08. He was taken into custody in Malibu, before being released on $5,000 bond at around 2:10 A.M. Monday, May 2.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'