Arrested for DUI, Rick Springfield Looks Sad in Mug Shot
Rick Springfield, the singer best known for his '80s hit "Jessie's Girl", has a run-in with the law recently. TMZ broke the news that the 61-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on Sunday night, May 1. The gossip site has also uncovered the sad-looking mug shot of the rocker.
As for the details leading to Rick's arrest, Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, told Los Angeles Times that the soap actor-turned-crooner was driving his 1963 Corvette when being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway and Trancas Canyon Road at around 8 P.M. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," he said.
It was still unclear what traffic violation Rick did at the time, but when the deputies pulled him over, they smelled alcohol on his breath. After blowing into a breathalyzer, the rocker registered a 0.10% alcohol content whereas the legal limit in California is 0.08. He was taken into custody in Malibu, before being released on $5,000 bond at around 2:10 A.M. Monday, May 2.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch