Arrested for DUI, Rick Springfield Looks Sad in Mug Shot
Rick Springfield, the singer best known for his '80s hit "Jessie's Girl", has a run-in with the law recently. TMZ broke the news that the 61-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence on Sunday night, May 1. The gossip site has also uncovered the sad-looking mug shot of the rocker.
As for the details leading to Rick's arrest, Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, told Los Angeles Times that the soap actor-turned-crooner was driving his 1963 Corvette when being pulled over by sheriff's deputies near Pacific Coast Highway and Trancas Canyon Road at around 8 P.M. "He made a maneuver away from the light and it prompted them to stop and pull him over," he said.
It was still unclear what traffic violation Rick did at the time, but when the deputies pulled him over, they smelled alcohol on his breath. After blowing into a breathalyzer, the rocker registered a 0.10% alcohol content whereas the legal limit in California is 0.08. He was taken into custody in Malibu, before being released on $5,000 bond at around 2:10 A.M. Monday, May 2.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia