Osama's Death Turns Two Movies Into Hot Commodities
It's when fiction collides with reality that people flock in. The news of Osama bin Laden's death on Sunday, May 1 rejoiced not only the nation, but also a particular group of people in the movie industry.
Deadline reported that Kathryn Bigelow who directed "The Hurt Locker" was on the verge of casting for a movie tentatively called "Kill Bin Laden". The Oscar winner and her collaborator Mark Boal were already planning the production of the indie project which is "based on an earlier unsuccessful mission to try to kill the Al Qaeda leader responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attack on America as he hid in the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan."
However, Bigelow's rep said that the movie is not entirely focused on the Al Qaeda leader. Details are still scarce but words are, the team is eying Joel Edgerton as the lead actor and that Megan Ellison, daughter of Oracle chief Larry Ellison, will step in as the investor.
Also, back in 2006, there was a project called "Jawbreaker" about the hunt of Osama that was opted by Paramount but did not see the light. Pic is based on a book by U.S. intelligence operative Gary Bernsten about the U.S.' hunt and kill mission of Osama back in December 2001.
The terrorist leader's death undoubtedly would make these two projects hot commodities. Therefore, producers are expected to put them on top of the list for a release in either 2011 or 2012.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie