Birth of Twins Sends Nick Cannon to the Happiest Place in His Life
Nick Cannon is clearly delighted by the arrival of his newborn twins. The "America's Got Talent" host officially became a first-time dad after wife Mariah Carey gave birth to their first children last Saturday, April 30. He has since made use of his Twitter to share his excitement about the arrival of the babies.
Since the birth of the twins coincided with the couple's fourth wedding anniversary, the 30-year-old tweeted on Saturday, "My wife just gave me the most incredible anniversary gift ever in life! I won't ever be able to top this!" He continued to express his joy the next day by writing, "I'm in the happiest place I've ever been in my life. I never had more amazing things happening. I am humbled by God's Favor!!"
Nick's singer wife Mariah gave birth to their first son and daughter at 12:07 P.M. EDT Saturday at an undisclosed hospital in Los Angeles. Cindi Berger, representative for Mariah, confirmed the news before noting that the baby girl, who weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces and was 18 inches long, was born first, followed by the baby boy, who weighed 5 pounds, 6 ounces, and was 19 inches long.
Cindi also noted that Nick drove Mariah to the hospital in their Rolls-Royce Phantom, but went to the wrong department because he was so nervous. After the birth of the babies, the happy couple were listening to Mariah's "We Belong Together". They have yet to name the newborns.
More Nick Cannon News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?