'Fast Five' Cruises to the Top of Box Office
"Fast Five" rocks North American box office. The newest "Fast and Furious" film has sold $86.2 million in tickets from 3,644 theaters. Attracting young and ethnically diverse audience, this movie receives an overall "A" grade from CinemaScore.
"Fast Five" arrival on theaters has forced last-week champ "Rio" to hand over the reign. The animation, which revolves around a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind, slips to the second place and dips 43.8% for $14.8 million.
In the meantime, "Madea's Big Happy Family" drops to number three. The Tyler Perry-directed film grosses $9.9 million, or obtains a total amount of $40.9 million in its second week.
Also sliding down to another slot is "Water for Elephants". The drama film secures the fourth place by obtaining $9.3 million, or drops 44.5%. Meanwhile, newly-released "Prom" opens at number five. The film collects $4.7 million and receives a "B plus" from CinemaScore moviegoers.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for April 29 - May 1:
- "Fast Five" - $86.2 million
- "Rio" - $14.8 million
- "Madea's Big Happy Family" - $9.9 million
- "Water for Elephants" - $9.3 million
- "Prom" - $4.7 million
- "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil" - $4.1 million
- "Soul Surfer" - $3.3 million
- "Insidious" - $2.7 million
- "Hop" - $2.6 million
- "Source Code" - $2.5 million
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support