'Fast Five' Cruises to the Top of Box Office
"Fast Five" rocks North American box office. The newest "Fast and Furious" film has sold $86.2 million in tickets from 3,644 theaters. Attracting young and ethnically diverse audience, this movie receives an overall "A" grade from CinemaScore.
"Fast Five" arrival on theaters has forced last-week champ "Rio" to hand over the reign. The animation, which revolves around a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind, slips to the second place and dips 43.8% for $14.8 million.
In the meantime, "Madea's Big Happy Family" drops to number three. The Tyler Perry-directed film grosses $9.9 million, or obtains a total amount of $40.9 million in its second week.
Also sliding down to another slot is "Water for Elephants". The drama film secures the fourth place by obtaining $9.3 million, or drops 44.5%. Meanwhile, newly-released "Prom" opens at number five. The film collects $4.7 million and receives a "B plus" from CinemaScore moviegoers.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for April 29 - May 1:
- "Fast Five" - $86.2 million
- "Rio" - $14.8 million
- "Madea's Big Happy Family" - $9.9 million
- "Water for Elephants" - $9.3 million
- "Prom" - $4.7 million
- "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil" - $4.1 million
- "Soul Surfer" - $3.3 million
- "Insidious" - $2.7 million
- "Hop" - $2.6 million
- "Source Code" - $2.5 million
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper