Vanessa Hudgens Cast as Pregnant Teen in Indie Drama
Vanessa Hudgens is eying an indie project as her next movie after "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island". THR said in its report that the actress is in "final negotiations" to star in "Gimme Shelter" which will pair her up with Brendan Fraser.
If Hudgens indeed is cast, she would portray a pregnant teen girl who is homeless after fleeing from her abusive mother. She starts a journey to find her biological father who had her through a youthful fling. He first "takes her in but then throws her out when she refuses to abort her child". Fraser is to slip in the role of the girl's father.
The script is developed by Ron Krauss who would also direct the film and produce the movie along with Jeff Rice and Dama Claire. Production is scheduled to start at the end of the May and filming will take place in Connecticut.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance