Vanessa Hudgens Cast as Pregnant Teen in Indie Drama
Vanessa Hudgens is eying an indie project as her next movie after "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island". THR said in its report that the actress is in "final negotiations" to star in "Gimme Shelter" which will pair her up with Brendan Fraser.
If Hudgens indeed is cast, she would portray a pregnant teen girl who is homeless after fleeing from her abusive mother. She starts a journey to find her biological father who had her through a youthful fling. He first "takes her in but then throws her out when she refuses to abort her child". Fraser is to slip in the role of the girl's father.
The script is developed by Ron Krauss who would also direct the film and produce the movie along with Jeff Rice and Dama Claire. Production is scheduled to start at the end of the May and filming will take place in Connecticut.
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title