'Bridesmaids' L.A. Premiere Attracted Comedians
Kristen Wiig and her "Bridesmaids" co-stars Jon Hamm, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Maya Rudolph, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Melissa McCarthy came to Mann Village Theatre on Thursday, April 28 night to give the comedy its first premiere. And since the lead star is a regular of "Saturday Night Live", the celebrities in attendance are mostly from comedy genre.
Those spotted as guests were Jack Black, Eric Stonestreet, Jason Bateman, Craig Robinson, David Spade, Abby Elliott and Al Yankovic.
At the occasion, Wiig spoke of her character Annie who gets to have a wild sex scene with Hamm's Ted. Telling Access Hollywood, Wiig said, "I remember, it was our last day of shooting and I mean, it's so silly. It was more funny than anything. We're like, 'How else can he throw me around? It was like, 'This is my job! What's happening?!". She admitted that the scene took 12 hours of filming and "lots of different positions".
But at the end of the day, they were only acts. "[Jon] is like my brother," Wiig affirmed. "He really is!" Hamm added, "It's not a lot of fun rolling around in front of 30 or 40 crew members in a flesh-colored thong. But we did have a lot of fun. We had a lot of jokes and a lot of laughs, and I'm sure a lot of that will end up on the DVD somewhere."
"Bridesmaids" hits U.S. theaters on May 13.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'