'Bridesmaids' L.A. Premiere Attracted Comedians
Kristen Wiig and her "Bridesmaids" co-stars Jon Hamm, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Maya Rudolph, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Melissa McCarthy came to Mann Village Theatre on Thursday, April 28 night to give the comedy its first premiere. And since the lead star is a regular of "Saturday Night Live", the celebrities in attendance are mostly from comedy genre.
Those spotted as guests were Jack Black, Eric Stonestreet, Jason Bateman, Craig Robinson, David Spade, Abby Elliott and Al Yankovic.
At the occasion, Wiig spoke of her character Annie who gets to have a wild sex scene with Hamm's Ted. Telling Access Hollywood, Wiig said, "I remember, it was our last day of shooting and I mean, it's so silly. It was more funny than anything. We're like, 'How else can he throw me around? It was like, 'This is my job! What's happening?!". She admitted that the scene took 12 hours of filming and "lots of different positions".
But at the end of the day, they were only acts. "[Jon] is like my brother," Wiig affirmed. "He really is!" Hamm added, "It's not a lot of fun rolling around in front of 30 or 40 crew members in a flesh-colored thong. But we did have a lot of fun. We had a lot of jokes and a lot of laughs, and I'm sure a lot of that will end up on the DVD somewhere."
"Bridesmaids" hits U.S. theaters on May 13.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'