'Bridesmaids' L.A. Premiere Attracted Comedians
Kristen Wiig and her "Bridesmaids" co-stars Jon Hamm, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Maya Rudolph, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Melissa McCarthy came to Mann Village Theatre on Thursday, April 28 night to give the comedy its first premiere. And since the lead star is a regular of "Saturday Night Live", the celebrities in attendance are mostly from comedy genre.
Those spotted as guests were Jack Black, Eric Stonestreet, Jason Bateman, Craig Robinson, David Spade, Abby Elliott and Al Yankovic.
At the occasion, Wiig spoke of her character Annie who gets to have a wild sex scene with Hamm's Ted. Telling Access Hollywood, Wiig said, "I remember, it was our last day of shooting and I mean, it's so silly. It was more funny than anything. We're like, 'How else can he throw me around? It was like, 'This is my job! What's happening?!". She admitted that the scene took 12 hours of filming and "lots of different positions".
But at the end of the day, they were only acts. "[Jon] is like my brother," Wiig affirmed. "He really is!" Hamm added, "It's not a lot of fun rolling around in front of 30 or 40 crew members in a flesh-colored thong. But we did have a lot of fun. We had a lot of jokes and a lot of laughs, and I'm sure a lot of that will end up on the DVD somewhere."
"Bridesmaids" hits U.S. theaters on May 13.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie