'Bridesmaids' L.A. Premiere Attracted Comedians
Kristen Wiig and her "Bridesmaids" co-stars Jon Hamm, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Maya Rudolph, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Melissa McCarthy came to Mann Village Theatre on Thursday, April 28 night to give the comedy its first premiere. And since the lead star is a regular of "Saturday Night Live", the celebrities in attendance are mostly from comedy genre.
Those spotted as guests were Jack Black, Eric Stonestreet, Jason Bateman, Craig Robinson, David Spade, Abby Elliott and Al Yankovic.
At the occasion, Wiig spoke of her character Annie who gets to have a wild sex scene with Hamm's Ted. Telling Access Hollywood, Wiig said, "I remember, it was our last day of shooting and I mean, it's so silly. It was more funny than anything. We're like, 'How else can he throw me around? It was like, 'This is my job! What's happening?!". She admitted that the scene took 12 hours of filming and "lots of different positions".
But at the end of the day, they were only acts. "[Jon] is like my brother," Wiig affirmed. "He really is!" Hamm added, "It's not a lot of fun rolling around in front of 30 or 40 crew members in a flesh-colored thong. But we did have a lot of fun. We had a lot of jokes and a lot of laughs, and I'm sure a lot of that will end up on the DVD somewhere."
"Bridesmaids" hits U.S. theaters on May 13.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift