FOX Pulls Hurricane Episodes of 'Family Guy', 'American Dad!', and 'Cleveland'
FOX has avoided possible controversies by shelving its Animation Domination hurricane-themed crossover. The network announced they will delay "Family Guy", "American Dad!" and "The Cleveland Show" episodes which were previously scheduled to air this Sunday, May 1 after tornadoes hit the Southeast this week.
"In light of the recent storms that have affected the nation, FOX has decided to postpone the crossover episodes that were originally scheduled to air this Sunday," the network said in a statement. The decision to hold the episodes was made after FOX consulted with creator Seth MacFarlane and other writers of the three comedies.
The crossover episodes were written about 18 months ago. On "Cleveland", a hurricane storms its way through Stoolbend and wrecks the Brown/Tubbs family vacation plans. On "Family Guy", the stress of the storm that hits Quahog drives Brian to overindulge in questionable substances. On "American Dad!", the hurricane visits Langley Falls and wreaks havoc on the Smiths, who decide to ride it out at home.
A FOX spokeswoman confirmed that the crossover event will air next season and that the remainder of this season's episodes for the respective series will air as planned. Meanwhile, repeats of the three shows will air in place of the crossover event.
More FOX News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl