Royal Wedding Coverage: Details on Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress
The question surrounding Kate Middleton's wedding dress has finally been answered. Shortly after she arrived at Westminster Abbey to wed Prince William, it was unraveled that the Duchess of Cambridge was wearing a long-sleeved lace gown designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen.
Detailed explanation about the design has also been shared. It was noted that the dress is made with ivory and white satin gazar and the lace applique for the bodice and skirt was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework. The lace on the dress incorporates a rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock.
The train measures two meters 70 centimeters, the underskirt is made of silk tulle trimmed with Cluny lace, and the ivory satin bodice draws on the Victorian tradition of corsetry. It was explained that the dress design pays tribute to the Arts and Crafts tradition, which advocated truth to materials and traditional craftsmanship using simple forms and often Romantic styles of decoration.
Clarence House explained that Kate "chose British brand Alexander McQueen for the beauty of its craftsmanship and its respect for traditional workmanship and the technical construction of clothing." It was further noted that the 29-year-old worked closely with Sarah Burton in formulating the design to combine tradition and modernity with the artistic vision that characterizes Alexander McQueen's work.
Aside from the dress, Kate was also spotted wearing a full veil made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers. Holding the veil in place was a Cartier "halo" tiara, which was lent to her by Queen Elizabeth II. The bride also wore earrings by Robinson Pelham. The earrings were a personal gift from her parents for her Wedding Day.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill