Royal Wedding Coverage: Kate Middleton Radiant in Lace Gown
Kate Middleton has finally made her way from the Goring Hotel to Westminster Abbey. Wearing a tiara with a full veil, the 29-year-old looked radiant in her long-sleeved lace gown designed by Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen. Accompanied by her father in the Rolls Royce that brought her to the Abbey, she waved to the crowd along the way.
The glowing bride was greeted by sister and maid of honor, Pippa Middleton upon her arrival at the Abbey. A full glimpse of her much-speculated dress came to full view as she stepped out of the car. Of the dress, Clarence House explained, "Miss Middleton chose British brand Alexander McQueen for the beauty of its craftsmanship and its respect for traditional workmanship and the technical construction of clothing."
"Miss Middleton wished for her dress to combine tradition and modernity with the artistic vision that characterizes Alexander McQueen's work," it was further noted. "Miss Middleton worked closely with Sarah Burton in formulating the design of her dress. The dress epitomizes timeless British craftsmanship by drawing together talented and skilled workmanship from across the United Kingdom."
Minutes before Kate arrived at the Abbey, Prince William left Clarence House for short drive to the Abbey. Accompanying him in the Bentley was his younger brother who serves as his best man, Prince Harry. Dressed in a full military dress uniform, the British royal waved to the crowd as his car drove by thousands of screaming people who are waving their flags.
Along the route, William was also seen making salute gesture to the military standing guards on the streets of London. Upon his arrival, he received by the Dean and Chapter. Inside the Abbey, William took off his hat before shaking hands and speaking with officials. After a brief chat with some of the guests, he and his brother Harry were conducted to the Sacrarium steps.
After the Princes arrived, Kate's mother, Carole Middleton, made her way to Westminster Abbey accompanied by her brother. Following behind were senior members of the British royal family, before Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, made their way to the Abbey as well. Queen Elizabeth was later seen on her way wearing a pastel yellow outfit and matching hat.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media